Brake and traction control dash indicators on intermittently

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

broma345

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello all,

I have a 2011 Ram 1500 5.7l 4x4 crew cab Laramie. Recently the brake and traction control indicators on the dash have been coming on intermittently, usually at relatively low speeds 40-55ish, and then they go off again a few minutes later. I've checked out the normal brake system stuff, pads front and rear are fine, rotors not cracked/warped and fluid level is good. I removed the rear rotors also and checked the ebrake pads and mechanism and it seems to be functioning and fine. While i was there i also replaced the rear wheel speed sensors since they are pretty inexpensive.

Has anyone else seen this or does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

OP
OP
B

broma345

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just in case this helps someone, this ended up being a bad brake fluid level sensor in the master cylinder reservoir. Sensor failed continuity test with a multi-meter. The sensor is part of the reservoir itself, but changing the reservoir is a straight forward job.