Brake Change Interval

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Average_gatsby45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins diesel.
17 2500 Cummins
What life span,can I realistically expect out of factory pads.

Not much heavy towing or hills/mountains

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
x2 wagner oex, but it isn't that hard to check your brake pads bud, just look at them. Ram oem have always been known for shorter life span then others, if your rims are constantly dusted well that dust is a combo pad material and rotor material. I'm changing mine just because I'm tired of seeing the dust, oex dust much less, pairing that with e coated rotors. I would say it is a good idea to just get new ones at 40-50k miles and get oem junk off. I'm not sure about the Cummins pads, if they use a different brake, I would hope so but who knows. Most brakes will probably last longer, like 70-90k, but I like to change the first ones out, but that's just me.

OP
OP
Average_gatsby45

Average_gatsby45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins diesel.
x2 wagner oex, but it isn't that hard to check your brake pads bud, just look at them. Ram oem have always been known for shorter life span then others, if your rims are constantly dusted well that dust is a combo pad material and rotor material. I'm changing mine just because I'm tired of seeing the dust, oex dust much less, pairing that with e coated rotors. I would say it is a good idea to just get new ones at 40-50k miles and get oem junk off. I'm not sure about the Cummins pads, if they use a different brake, I would hope so but who knows. Most brakes will probably last longer, like 70-90k, but I like to change the first ones out, but that's just me.

That's what i was looking at.
I think I'm going to go with ceramics , I know they're more expensive, but from what I've read...

MoparBrent

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I only got about 40,000km on my OEM brakes but that was due to a seized caliper slide pin on my passenger front side. Said screw it and put EBC stage 3 slotted/dimpled rotors with greenstuff pads on all 4 corners

They are expensive but damn are they ever a good upgrade over stock.

695A6920-DB54-42D0-AB29-15C984ABCFFE.jpeg

88B0973D-FC3E-4C6E-88AB-F11EC85D221B.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Average_gatsby45

Average_gatsby45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins diesel.
Talking to my dad (2005 f150 ), he said that he had to put his truck in maintenance mode or something like that.
Do you have to do anything special for 17-2500s, or just pop tire caliper replace ?