Brake Controller install...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jvbuttex

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I-6
The other day I installed the brake controller up grade... dash switch and module. No i didn't get the bracket installed fully yet. that's today's project. Had to get the trailer home. Plugged it all in, used AlfaODB to make the settings and then switched the dash to see if it was ready, and BAMM, dash showed up the Brake controller options... "no trailer connected displayed". This was obvious because no trailer was connected. I was shocked to see it registering in the system already. Yet I have having a @#$% time getting my new tow / power fold / mirrors to respond aka fold. its amazing one system activates real time, yet another does not. Heading back out to recheck the settings. Its funny others talk about disconnecting battery, and some say few key cycles gets it to activate... 1 mod is real time, 1 mod is well delayed.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The other day I installed the brake controller up grade... dash switch and module. No i didn't get the bracket installed fully yet. that's today's project. Had to get the trailer home. Plugged it all in, used AlfaODB to make the settings and then switched the dash to see if it was ready, and BAMM, dash showed up the Brake controller options... "no trailer connected displayed". This was obvious because no trailer was connected. I was shocked to see it registering in the system already. Yet I have having a @#$% time getting my new tow / power fold / mirrors to respond aka fold. its amazing one system activates real time, yet another does not. Heading back out to recheck the settings. Its funny others talk about disconnecting battery, and some say few key cycles gets it to activate... 1 mod is real time, 1 mod is well delayed.
Might be a stupid question but did you replace your door modules to the power fold version or did your truck already have tow mirrors before you made the switch to the tow mirrors? Myself and many others have activated the power fold code and it has worked with no issues. Also if your tow mirrors are aftermarket some have been known to have issues with certain functions not working correctly.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
jvbuttex

jvbuttex

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I-6
Thanks Ricks for chiming in... yes I did new door controllers with the proper version from benny said was current part numbers... No i had standard windows. Today I did look again at the settings and found not all items set to "yes" as should be... for some reason they didn't take the other night... as we drove the trailer back to the storage, we found the the puddle lights came on, so did the blinkers... and when she could not flip down the mirror, i hit button for windows folding, and it did... so all is working good..