Brake Dust Plates/Shields

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spoonsize

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi, New here. I am in process of replacing the hub/bearings on my 2003 Ram 2500 HD. The plates need replacing but I cannot locate them online. They are 3 hole and about 3 inches high when sitting on the floor.
If I cannot locate replacements is it safe/advisable to run without them?
Thanks.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Do you have 2wd or 4wd?

OP
OP
Spoonsize

Spoonsize

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I could not locate replacements. The only set with 3 hole mounting did not fit. The outline fit but they were only about 1” thick and need to be more like 3”. I put the old ones back on and if I find replacements I will use them.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I could not locate replacements. The only set with 3 hole mounting did not fit. The outline fit but they were only about 1” thick and need to be more like 3”. I put the old ones back on and if I find replacements I will use them.

We need to re-discuss what you're talking about...brake plates are just sheet metal, not 1" to 3". Post a pic of what you're talking about.

OP
OP
Spoonsize

Spoonsize

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We are talking about the same thing. The plates for my truck.....if you set them flat on the floor with the large diameter down the central hub part is about 3 inches off the floor. The only 3 hole plates I could find have the hub part about 1” off the floor. Better?

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
We are talking about the same thing. The plates for my truck.....if you set them flat on the floor with the large diameter down the central hub part is about 3 inches off the floor. The only 3 hole plates I could find have the hub part about 1” off the floor. Better?
No, either I'm not understanding, you're not explaining it well enough or a combo of both. Pics lol.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
I found them really quick on the ol’ googles at autozone, partsgeek, advanced, autoanything, etc etc. are you typing the correct name? (Dust shields) they don’t use a three bolt pattern and I’ve never even seen one, they are always four bolt pattern. There has to be some kind of miscommunication between us. Like hemilonestar said, pics please so we can help you.