Brake issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clittrell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins Turbocharged
Hello everyone, I need help diagnosing a brake problem i am having. The brake pedal will go all the way to the floor when you press it. There is no brakes when going at any speed. We have changed the back calipers, front and rear brakes, brake master cylinder and the hydrobooster. I have bled the master cylinder and the brake lines with good return of fluid. I cannot get the brakes to respond to anything i am doing. The brake gets harder when trying to bleed the brakes but then it continues to go the floor. I cannot figure out what may be going on. has anyone had this problem before. I even changed the emergency brake pads

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I is a very simple system either air in lines, Broken/leaking line, Bad master cylinder.

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello everyone, I need help diagnosing a brake problem i am having. The brake pedal will go all the way to the floor when you press it. There is no brakes when going at any speed. We have changed the back calipers, front and rear brakes, brake master cylinder and the hydrobooster. I have bled the master cylinder and the brake lines with good return of fluid. I cannot get the brakes to respond to anything i am doing. The brake gets harder when trying to bleed the brakes but then it continues to go the floor. I cannot figure out what may be going on. has anyone had this problem before. I even changed the emergency brake pads
You may have installed the calipers upside down on opposite sides causing the bleeder screws to be under the piston boss (bottom) instead of above (top). You'll get fluid all day long, but will fail to get rid of air, seein' how air rises in fluid!

Davood

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi 4x4
Sherman, your answer is spot on, but have you seen anyone do that?!

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I have seen where it had been done on one of the Motor Trend TV shows where they repair customers vehicles

I believe it happened when a person was upgrading the brakes from drum to disc

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sherman, your answer is spot on, but have you seen anyone do that?!
Yes, I've seen it several times over the years. My next door neighbor did it recently on his 2012 Jeep Patriot. After doing a brake job with new front calipers, he went through 2 gallons of brake fluid before he knocked on my front door in frustration, asking for help. I walked over to his car and spotted the problem immediately. He swapped them, we bled it out in 5 minutes, and, as is said... "They lived happily ever after"!