brake kickback when starting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
F

flyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Ive noticed this periodically as well with my ‘16 2500. Its fairly sporadic, though. My half ton doesn't do it at all. I have also noticed it with my wifes yukon denali... that seems to do it more often than my truck.

OP
OP
F

flyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Yeah, I had a 2016 1500 with the 5.7 Hemi and Laramie model. It didn't do it either. My 2500 does it every time I start it. Dealer said it was normal as had to do with the hydro boost brake system. I am not to trusting of dealers so ended up here and the feed back
I'm getting is that it is pretty normal for the 2500. Still seems strange that it does that and it can't be eliminated.

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
My experience with dealers has been if they can't figure something out they tell you it is "normal"

If it moves and isn't on fire..... it's operating like "normal" :)

I'd even take it a step further - it's not just if they can't figure it out. I believe dealers have a heavy financial incentive to just make us go away when we come in with problems. The total BS, over "techie" explanations about "fluid getting hung up momentarily" or "gears needing to get worked in properly" that I've either been told or have overhead while in various dealers is laughable.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Ram and feel I got great value for my money. If I were in the market for another truck there's probably a 75% chance I'd end up in another Ram. But..... the dealer/factory support is drastically below other brands that I currently own or have owned for personal use or my company (in addition to my Ram I currently own a Honda, Kia, Hyundai - past owned Ford, Chevy, Nissan, Toyota trucks).

My best defense is to always have a Ram factory backed warranty and pray like hell I don't get stranded somewhere with no cell service when it stops moving or catches fire.

OP
OP
F

flyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
If it moves and isn't on fire..... it's operating like "normal" :)

I'd even take it a step further - it's not just if they can't figure it out. I believe dealers have a heavy financial incentive to just make us go away when we come in with problems. The total BS, over "techie" explanations about "fluid getting hung up momentarily" or "gears needing to get worked in properly" that I've either been told or have overhead while in various dealers is laughable.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Ram and feel I got great value for my money. If I were in the market for another truck there's probably a 75% chance I'd end up in another Ram. But..... the dealer/factory support is drastically below other brands that I currently own or have owned for personal use or my company (in addition to my Ram I currently own a Honda, Kia, Hyundai - past owned Ford, Chevy, Nissan, Toyota trucks).

My best defense is to always have a Ram factory backed warranty and pray like hell I don't get stranded somewhere with no cell service when it stops moving or catches fire.

OP
OP
F

flyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I hear you. Never really had much confidence in any dealerships service dept. I've had most domestic brands over the years. Probably the best service dept. was the Hyundai and it had a five year 60,000 mile bumper to bumper and 100,000 on the powertrain. Very few issues with that car. I really do like my Ram 2500 even though has had a ton of recalls.