Brake lights wiring?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Daniel Rodemsky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Slant 6
The turn and hazards work. No brake lights. I though it might be the switch but when I looked there are no wires connected to it and I don’t see anything that looks like it would fit. Can anyone post a picture or description of the wires and plugs?

thanks

1985 D-150

reek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 CC 4x4, 72 D100, 73 D100, 01 RAM 2500 field truck
Engine
6.4 Hemi
not sure what the 85 switch would look like but the my 78 had a switch that looked like a plastic oversized door jamb light switch with just 2 tab connectors.

my 92 had a fancier looking small square black box with a small black plunger that essentially worked like a door jamb switch but it connected to a positive lock type wire harness.

they both snapped into a little sheet metal tab screwed onto the pedal support.

when I custom wired the 92 cab, I just went back to the old style/78 switch. easier and cheaper to work with.

OP
OP
Daniel Rodemsky

Daniel Rodemsky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Slant 6
not sure what the 85 switch would look like but the my 78 had a switch that looked like a plastic oversized door jamb light switch with just 2 tab connectors.

my 92 had a fancier looking small square black box with a small black plunger that essentially worked like a door jamb switch but it connected to a positive lock type wire harness.

they both snapped into a little sheet metal tab screwed onto the pedal support.

when I custom wired the 92 cab, I just went back to the old style/78 switch. easier and cheaper to work with.
Thanks but the switch is there, I just can't find a pair of wires that look like they would fit. Any idea what color the wires are? My manual has the worst wiring diagram I've ever seen.

reek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 CC 4x4, 72 D100, 73 D100, 01 RAM 2500 field truck
Engine
6.4 Hemi
oh, my mistake. I don't know what wire colors are.

if there are no 'dangling' wires, you might have to get into the steering column to find the wires. I believe the switch wires end at the hazard switch.