Brake pads...wagner or powerstop??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fritzzz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey folks...I have a 2018 sport with 41k km on it and its about time to replace the pads...I used oem my whole life and decided to try something dif....looks like wagner and powerstop are pretty good...and both allegedly don't release too much brake dust..so...which one should I go? Here in Canada wagner looks considerably cheaper than powerstop

Thanks

daveray9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
+1 on wagner OEX

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Nick_rp

I=V/R
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500
Engine
5.7 Sport
5k miles into powerstop pads n rotors. All positives from me.

Just make sure to bleed the ABS. I didnt till about 2 weeks after the change and it was a night and day difference. Used alphaobd and i almost pooped my pants when it yanked my pedal from under my foot

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
+4 On WAGNER OEX Pads. They are listed as Heavy duty, Love mine. No dust and work well in the rain ! And I have Wagner E Coated rotors, Very happy with them

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had the OEX along with Wagner Ecoated rotors after my factory rotors warped. Very little dust and I got about 30k out of them before the rotors rusted pretty bad. Now I'm running the Powerstop Z36 pads/rotors.The Powerstops grab better and just overall brake better than the OEXs. Very little dust with these as well.

BUT the OEXs are damn good pads, I only went with the Powerstops over the OEX because I tow my camper several times a year and the Powerstop Z36s are designed for towing. So if you don't tow a lot, I'd save some money and go with the OEX.

Last edited:

daveray9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had the OEX along with Wagner Ecoated rotors after my factory rotors warped. Very little dust and I got about 30k out of them before the rotors rusted pretty bad. Now I'm running the Powerstop Z36 pads/rotors.The Powerstops grab better and just overall brake better than the OEXs. Very little dust with these as well.

BUT the OEXs are damn good pads, I only went with the Powerstops over the OEX because I tow my camper several times a year and the Powerstop Z36s are designed for towing. So if you don't tow a lot, I'd save some money and go with the OEX.
The powerstop rotors rust at all? I went w the eline r1 concepts with the rust proof zinc. 1 New England winter later they are all toast.

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
5k miles into powerstop pads n rotors. All positives from me.

Just make sure to bleed the ABS. I didnt till about 2 weeks after the change and it was a night and day difference. Used alphaobd and i almost pooped my pants when it yanked my pedal from under my foot

What is the Alfa procedure to bleed the ABS?

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The powerstop rotors rust at all? I went w the eline r1 concepts with the rust proof zinc. 1 New England winter later they are all toast.

I've had them for over a year and the zinc coating is starting to powder up a bit but definitely not rusting. I fully expected them to be rusted more by now....

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey folks...I have a 2018 sport with 41k km on it and its about time to replace the pads...I used oem my whole life and decided to try something dif....looks like wagner and powerstop are pretty good...and both allegedly don't release too much brake dust..so...which one should I go? Here in Canada wagner looks considerably cheaper than powerstop

Thanks

If U stay with STOCK rotor: Wagner.
If U change Rotor to ie., Powerstop Rotor = Powerstop Pads.

All IMHO.....

Ricko

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v8
How do you know if you have the start/stop system?

Mike Townsend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I put the R1 Concepts Geomet rotors on my truck a year or so ago and they brake performance is awesome. They don't rust either so that is nice.

Captain Bart

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345 HEMI
I am puzzled as to vleeding brakes, and using an ODB II to figure it out? As long as I have being doing brake jobs, the calipers pistons are pushed back with a C-clamp, pads replaced, caliper re-installed. Fluid pushes back to the master cylinder......?