Brake pads...wagner or powerstop??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

br427

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Why don't you check out Maxx Brakes online. I have their parts on my 2 cars and a friends car. The prices are fantastic and the parts seem to look like good quality. They have a number of performance levels and although the price rises accordingly, they are still a bargain. I have used their basic Pads and Rotors on the front and rear of my 2010 Ram 1500 and have had no issues.

TomB 1269

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Power Stop Z36 pads and drill and slotted rotors............You will never want anything else in any of your cars or trucks.........

I wish my brakes needed replacement already so I could justify them on my truck.

I was pissed when I found out that our RAV4 had the large brake rotor and pads so the Powerstop kit I ordered would not fit and I had to go buy local parts from Autozone (I use there products for years never any issue).

I have gotten some what lucky the pads I put on the RAV4 are not liking it and can be noise when coming to s stop....Yah Hoo that means I can tell the wife they need to be replaced again and this time get the right size pad and rotor for it...........

I love them as I have been unable to get them hot enough to provide an noticeable fad.... And my son has a lowered truck with them and I was pushing it hard and got them hot enough that I know a normal pad and rotor would have become heat soaked and had signs of brake fade... Power Stop rotors and pads did not.

Smokey613

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am puzzled as to vleeding brakes, and using an ODB II to figure it out? As long as I have being doing brake jobs, the calipers pistons are pushed back with a C-clamp, pads replaced, caliper re-installed. Fluid pushes back to the master cylinder......?

I was wondering the same thing, of course when I was doing brake work ABS had not been around but about 5 years. :)

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
5k miles into powerstop pads n rotors. All positives from me.

Just make sure to bleed the ABS. I didnt till about 2 weeks after the change and it was a night and day difference. Used alphaobd and i almost pooped my pants when it yanked my pedal from under my foot
What did you do with alpha in regards to your breaks?

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I saw it further down in post didn’t know he posted all of it. Still don’t get what Alfa does that a mechanic would t do with a normal break bleed.

A normal brake bleed, whether done at home or by a mechanic, does not bleed the internals of the ABS pump. AlphaOBD gives you access to a procedure in the ABS module (computer) that bleeds air out of the ABS pump internals. That air then ends up in the brake lines, hence you do a second normal bleed after the ABS bleed. A mechanic can do this as well, assuming they have the right scan tool, but they will generally charge extra to do it.

-K

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I was under the impression you didnt need to do an abs bleed unless the master cylinder went dry during the bleeding process, or you worked on the abs pump itself. Is an abs bleed something you should do every time you open the system??

OP
OP
Fritzzz

Fritzzz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got the power stop....once my truck has only 41k km...I had just the pads replaced, kept the same poem rotors. So far so good and didn't notice any extra amount of dust on the rims. I used a tool like this to compress the piston (MASO Disc Brake Pad Spreader Tool Installation Caliper Piston Compressor Steel Press, Brake Tools - Amazon Canada)

Just got curious about something....the brake pedal still feels a bit low. The brake fluid level is sitting very close to the max level. The truck stops fine. Would a bleed on the system (including abs) be required to the brakes to feel "more like new"?

Im gonna take the truck in a few days to the dealership to have an oil change and will use a mopar coupon called peace of mind service. With that they check the brake system...lets see whats comes on the report...