Brakes rubbing after new everything

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Leftysdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So i put new rotors and new pads on my 12 ram and for 2/3 weeks everything was fine.....then yesterday, on BOTH sides, the pads and rotors are rubbing and roaring when I'm driving....still stops fine, and of course when I push the brake pedal it stops....any clue??
Thanks in advance

eljefe

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I had this same problem. Never did figure it out before I traded the truck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

caulk04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Did the pads slide freely in their mounts?

The 18 I just bought with 31k had squeeling front brakes, both inner pads were very tight. Cleaned them up, fit them, greased them and now they're good.

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did the pads slide freely in their mounts?

The 18 I just bought with 31k had squeeling front brakes, both inner pads were very tight. Cleaned them up, fit them, greased them and now they're good.

This also make sure your calipers are not stuck.

OP
OP
L

Leftysdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok....so it's the drivers side wheel bearing....this is a 2012 2wd....cant I just unbolt and replace the hub assembly.....I dont have take off the control arms and all correct ....not bolt to remove because its 2wd

20201023_085235.jpg

VegasDragger45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok....so it's the drivers side wheel bearing....this is a 2012 2wd....cant I just unbolt and replace the hub assembly.....I dont have take off the control arms and all correct ....not bolt to remove because its 2wd

View attachment 225360

That is correct since you don't have front axles you can to it without unbolting the control arm. I did it on my 14

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes you can just unbolt and replace the hub however you most likely killed your new rotor doesnt look so hot lol.

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Any tricks to get the hub off....its the original one with 200k miles

Shouldn't be to hard to get off normally if you had 4wd the splines would get stuck just remove the 4 bolts and beat it off with hammer you could use a torch to heat it up if its really stuck.

Hawkeye_0091

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
INSTANT RUBBING AFTER CHANGING BRAKES AND ROTORS ON MY 2014 RAM 1500.

I have aftermarket rims. I replaced the brakes and rotors with OEM parts. When I put the tires on they rubbed. Here is what you need to do. When you put the tire on and notice the cheap clips touching or digging into the rim remove the tire. Remove that ear of clip with a Dremel tool with a small metal cutting disk. Put the tire back on and try to gently spin it. If it still is rubbing, remove the tire. You may have to remove the upper and Lower tag holding onto the brake hooks. If it is still rubbing, then you are going to have to grind down the metal hooks on the brake...it won't take much. And it works.

Here is the reason why your OEM new brakes or aftermarket brakes rub on the rim. The brake shoes are not prescion cut. They are cast dropped into a mold. You WILL have a variance in size. You won't see it with your eyes. Also, as the manufacture uses the mold over 10's of thousands of times, the molds begin to wear out...again making the item larger for more cast to fill in the deeper pockets. May this save many tools from being thrown!!!

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
Any tricks to get the hub off....its the original one with 200k miles

3 bolts hold on the hub. I used my trusty BFH to knock the assembly free once I got them unbolted. Pretty easy job just make sure to torque your bolts properly upon installation