Broken axles after Strutmaster conversion ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamBat23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Prologue : I bought my truck last summer, it's a 2014 Ecodiesel Limited with 170k km with air suspension. In the cold winter of northwestern Quebec, one of the balloon had a leak so instead of buying a whole set of balloons with the air compressor (was told by dealership that it was best to change it all due to the leak potentially damaged the whole system), I went with the Strumaster front strut and rear coil conversion

Since the conversion, the truck has one hell of a rake and hell I hate it.

Back today, I crawl under my truck to take some measure and realized that my axles looks like going up to my knuckle (pardon my french, not sure if I make myself clear but here's pictures of the two sides)
20210831_191943.jpg20210831_192008.jpg

Don't know if it's my imagination, while under the truck it was clear to me that my axles were "positive" (hope I'm clear when I say it like that)

The problem is since the first time I drove my truck back from the @#$%&ship, I've always felt that something was wrong with the front. Never could find what it was.
For a few days now, I heard some kind of cling-a-cling pok pok and sometimes little bumps. Could it be my axles that are broken ?
If yes, could it be because the strut that Strumasters are using are somewhat lower than stock, causing a premature wear of my axles ?
Don't know if it can be related but I change the whole brake system (4 calipers, 4 ventiled disc brakes and the 8 brakes pads) in early October last year and my front brakes are totally doned, need to change disc and pads again.
Anyone have a thought on this ?
Thank you.

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is just speculation but the struts they're peddling could be one-size-fits-all and the complete ecodiesel assembly is the heaviest engine.

OP
OP
RamBat23

RamBat23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
This is just speculation but the struts they're peddling could be one-size-fits-all and the complete ecodiesel assembly is the heaviest engine.
Never thought of it that way, totally make sense. Could it be the spring rate they used that are not made for the Ecodiesel?

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
Are there any marks on the struts grab the axle and give it a shake see if there is any play

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Usually when we do air suspension deletes we use the bilstein adjustable front struts to get the ride height correct.