Broken Win Module 2011 Ram 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pboudreau01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Greetings. I have a disaster. I attempted to clean my win module contacts. The end result is that is is completely destroyed. It's a long story and I won't bore you with the hilarious details. Just picture the three stooges trying to fix something. In any event, it is destroyed. When I plugged it back it, the "key in ignition" indicator came on and when I actually put the key in the ignition, it would not start. I unplugged the unit thinking i would check my connections and even with it unplugged, the "key in ignition" indicator now stays on. I disconnected my battery terminal and proceeded to review all my connections and the unit fell onto the floor of my garage and shattered into several pieces. My question is, can I just replace the module? I read on several forums that I would need to obtain a pin from the original unit and I doubt that will happen. Any guidance would be GREATLY appreciated.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Might wanna ask in 4th gen.

Jim BB

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 classic Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
you will need to buy new from dealer with vin# and Poss part number from old win and likely need to be re programed once installed!

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Greetings. I have a disaster. I attempted to clean my win module contacts. The end result is that is is completely destroyed. It's a long story and I won't bore you with the hilarious details. Just picture the three stooges trying to fix something. In any event, it is destroyed. When I plugged it back it, the "key in ignition" indicator came on and when I actually put the key in the ignition, it would not start. I unplugged the unit thinking i would check my connections and even with it unplugged, the "key in ignition" indicator now stays on. I disconnected my battery terminal and proceeded to review all my connections and the unit fell onto the floor of my garage and shattered into several pieces. My question is, can I just replace the module? I read on several forums that I would need to obtain a pin from the original unit and I doubt that will happen. Any guidance would be GREATLY appreciated.
Are you sure its destroyed from cleaning? What makes you think that?

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
You can bypass it if interested, use cig lighter relay. Some places used to advertise selling win's and remote that didnt need a flash, so they say, but the largest one went defunct just two years ago when supply lines stuff started. Point being, no matter what you can have a push button start that bypasses win module and never be stranded or worry about flashing or whatever.

ajairola

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Your going to want a Wonder WIN Module, they aren't cheap but they have a pin code assigned so you can program keys from alfaobd.