Brothers in Arms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Jay you know it's hard for me to keep my mouth shut with politics. I'm still the
"Radical Redneck Republican"
But on another note:
Been goin to physical therapy for my shoulders and back its really helping. I guess that's what we get for humpi g those 200# ruck sacks for days of miles. That's 200# plus our weapons and ammo.

Blue Mule

No TY suh, I be a wimp, no way in heck I could haul dat much. Most I had on back maybe 100, 110, but I's a wimp and a Boird, LMAO...And then I was in a mobile unit, not 11B on ground, and mostly peacetime service. Boy, do I remember NBC Olympics in Germany going up and down in full MOPP 4 and such, wore my sorry a***** out. I have way too much respect for the Soldiers, Marines, whomeva that did that and deployed and went where their Country said they had to go, regardless of when they served. One of my best friends was an 11B ****** in NAM, who now is trying to hold on from Agent Orange complications, the deck that life deals you.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL!!!!!!! I hope you had a great Christmas and a Happy New Year. I was happy to hear that POTUS recently signed a law giving all military service men and women a 3% raise. That sure would have helped my $85 a month when I went in. Maybe the low pay was offset by the excellent working and living conditions and chow we got in Marine boot camp---LOL. Once again Thank You for all you do and have done-I'm truly proud to be in the 1%.
Semper Fi brothers and sisters!!!!!
Jay

U not talking about that great Breakfast delicacy, SOS, is U, LOL..... :joke:

OP
OP
Pull Ya

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think I almost---I said almost--learned to like SOS. I'm not sure some of those other delicacies had a name or at least one you could repeat. Life seemed a lot better after boot camp, at least for me. Although I had a 3516/3531 MOS, I never worked in the motor pool. I was an MP from day one till the day I got out.
Jay

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If its NOT slapped on a metal tray and if it's actually hot it ain't that bad. Heck I might just make some soon for old times sake. LOL

SUH, U have my condolences ref yer palate, LMAO.....

JayLeonard

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 L Cummins
What happened, everybody gone mute? Did I miss the memo LOL

marioman

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do any other service members, past or present, who honorably served, want a thread/club specifically designed for military service members? Just a place to come to visit with members who may have had similar experiences and have similar patriotic feelings toward our country. We are 7% of the total population and I believe that we have a strong bond between us. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.
Two things I think we would have to keep in mind;
All services are of equal value(bite your tongue)
No political rants or posts per forum rules
Jay
I'm in.

OP
OP
Pull Ya

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sorry everyone that I haven't been stopping in more often, I guess with all this virus crap and now doing some of this moderator stuff I've been a little busy. Hope everyone is doing OK and hope you or your loved ones have not been personally affected by the virus. Hang in there everyone---
Jay

marioman

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Subject: Fwd: Stimulus made easy

It is a slow day in the small Saskatchewan town of Pumphandle, and streets are deserted. Times are tough, everybody is in debt, and everybody is living on credit.

A tourist visiting the area drives through town, stops at the motel, and lays a $100 bill on the desk saying he wants to inspect the rooms upstairs to pick one for the night. As
soon as he walks upstairs, the motel owner grabs the bill and runs next door to pay his debt to the butcher.
The butcher takes the $100 and runs down the street to retire his debt to the pig farmer.
The pig farmer takes the $100 and heads off to pay his bill to his supplier, the Co-op.
The guy at the Co-op takes the $100 and runs to pay his debt to the local **********, who has also been facing hard times and has had to offer her "services" on credit.
The ****** rushes to the hotel and pays off her room bill with the hotel owner.
The hotel proprietor then places the $100 back on the counter so the traveller will not suspect anything.
At that moment, the traveller comes down the stairs, states that the rooms are not satisfactory, picks up the $100 bill and leaves. No one produced anything. No one earned anything...
However, the whole town is now out of debt and now looks to the future with a lot more optimism.
And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how a Stimulus package works.

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I scored 2 tickets for John Schneider's Birthday party extravaganza aka: Bo Duke
Its going on the 18th and 19th of this month.
I have 1 extra ticket. We could carpool or meet at the event.
Event details can be found at
bosextravaganza.com
2 days fun filled days packed with concerts bbq cook-off car show bike show and be an extra in John's new movie "Stand on it"
Where at this party you get to watch as they jump a Hellcat over a creek. Im going down Friday afternoon and coming back to the dfw area late Sunday night.
Your welcome to ride with me no charge.
And a meet n greet with John Schneider too

Who's with me?

Black 20 Ram

McBroom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Forgot to tell y'all that it's in Holden, La.
Just north of New Orleans

Black 20 Ram

bellaireroad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Subject: Fwd: Stimulus made easy

It is a slow day in the small Saskatchewan town of Pumphandle, and streets are deserted. Times are tough, everybody is in debt, and everybody is living on credit.

A tourist visiting the area drives through town, stops at the motel, and lays a $100 bill on the desk saying he wants to inspect the rooms upstairs to pick one for the night. As
soon as he walks upstairs, the motel owner grabs the bill and runs next door to pay his debt to the butcher.
The butcher takes the $100 and runs down the street to retire his debt to the pig farmer.
The pig farmer takes the $100 and heads off to pay his bill to his supplier, the Co-op.
The guy at the Co-op takes the $100 and runs to pay his debt to the local **********, who has also been facing hard times and has had to offer her "services" on credit.
The ****** rushes to the hotel and pays off her room bill with the hotel owner.
The hotel proprietor then places the $100 back on the counter so the traveller will not suspect anything.
At that moment, the traveller comes down the stairs, states that the rooms are not satisfactory, picks up the $100 bill and leaves. No one produced anything. No one earned anything...
However, the whole town is now out of debt and now looks to the future with a lot more optimism.
And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how a Stimulus package works.

And the hotel owner is out $100 for the hookers room bill... someone has to pay, and that is how a stimulus works[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

canadiankodiak700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Pentastar
And the hotel owner is out $100 for the hookers room bill... someone has to pay, and that is how a stimulus works[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
No he isn't. She paid him for the room.
The only reason he doesn't have the cash is he already spent it on other services.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Pull Ya

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Been a while since I stopped in to say Hello!!!! Hope everyone is doing well with this damn virus going crazy. I so badly want to talk about the shape our country is in but as we all know political commentary will get us in trouble. I can say that I have made a decision that I am not watching any sporting event pro, colligate or high school in which any of the participants disrespect our flag, the National Anthem, and/or any of our Law Enforcement or military personnel. Thank you again for your service and I hope you and your families remain safe!!!
Jay

McBroom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Jay
Oooraahhh
Semper Fi

Black 20 Ram

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
A few posts back folks were discussing if you wear anything to identify you as a veteran and how you respond to those who thank you for your service.

I do wear a ball cap with the SAC patch on it or one with the E4 USAF stripe patch. I have a few t-shirts with similar adornment.

When someone says "Thank You For Your Service" I usually look them in the eye, smile and tip my hat to them without a word being said. Seems redundant to me to respond to a Thank You with a Thank You.

As for the slime who denigrate those who have served and proudly display a symbol of that service, I have another accoutrement that I got used to wearing while in the service. It rests in a holster near my right hip.

E4 Insignia.jpg

Small Arms Expert.jpg

XDS 08.jpg

McGreevy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good morning everyone!!! Was thinking of a couple things the other day so I got a couple of questions for y'all.
*When you go out to run errands do you ever wear anything to ID yourself as x military like a hat or shirt?
*How does it make you feel when someone says, "Thanks for your service"?

I have a favorite Marine Corps hat that I wear when ever I'm out and about. Just seems like a habit to put it on before I leave the house.
Most of the time when people say "Thanks for your service" I usually answer by tell them "thank you" or "it was an honor". I am glad that people have recently begun to recognize military members and their families.
Thanks to everyone that has shared their military background with us and hopefully as this thread continues to grow we will see more vets participate.
Semper Fi
Jay

I joined the Army in 1999 and went to Fort Lewis for my first duty station. When my ETS date came up, I wanted to go overseas and my unit at Fort Lewis had no idea when we were going to deploy, so I joined the Washington National Guard and went to Baghdad with them in March 2004. When we got back in March 2005, I went back to Active Duty and was stationed in Fort Drum, NY where I did 2 tours to Afghanistan.

I don’t like wearing my military gear when I’m out in public, just because I don’t like it when people come up and say thank you for your service. No offense to anyone that never served, but it just feels to me like they are now conditioned to say it and I don’t think that it always comes from a genuine place. For me, it always means more coming from other veterans, just because they know the sacrifices and sometimes the pain that comes with those sacrifices.

I broke my neck in Afghanistan on my last tour and lost my gunner in the process. I lost a few people that were really close to me on that last deployment. The physical wounds are easier to handle than the mental ones. So for me, only other vets will understand that. Sorry for the long rant, but I have just one last thing to say about wearing things with military insignia. I was at Walmart with my wife and saw a guy wearing a Special Forces hat (black hat with the special forces unit patch). I asked him what group he was in, his response pissed me off but I had to bite my tongue because my wife was there. He told me that he never served, he just liked the hat.