Bug shield?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I've been looking at shields for my 2021 HD. Could only find one out there and it sits about 2 inches from the front of the hood. No way I'm doing that. Anyone find anything else?

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
I put a WeatherTech, Smoke Gray - # 50282 on my 2020 3500. I was doubtful but find to be effective.
Was an easy install and it fits well. I did not like their fasteners so I used metal screws. Same screws that came with it, I just bought more to use instead of their plastic ones.

thomas5853

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I put a WeatherTech, Smoke Gray - # 50282 on my 2020 3500. I was doubtful but find to be effective.
Was an easy install and it fits well. I did not like their fasteners so I used metal screws. Same screws that came with it, I just bought more to use instead of their plastic ones.

John, does it help stop bugs hitting the windshield?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
sandawilliams

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi

Thanks- I will check it out.

OP
OP
sandawilliams

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi

The pictures show the classic ram. Is the style for our new style?

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Here's what the Weathertec site says
Vehicle:
2020 RAM Ram 2500/3500
Part Number: 50282

That's what's on my 2020

matemike

Reaction score
sub'd

I'm looking for the best looking shield to go with a white night edition 2500.

I had a Lund shield on a 2001 F-150 and it was very effective. Hood and windshield were flawless after 120k miles.

So I'm thinking anything should at least be effective. But I want good looking, i.e. match the gloss black grill, not warp, not scratch my paint, but I don't care if it sits tall. Just has to look good, but be effective.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
On my 2009 Ram i had the tallest bug guard that i could find

I did not give a darn about bugs, they wash off
The only insects that can blind you are swarming butterflies, we have Mexican Butterflies in SoCal, i think they are called Emperor butterflies
Once they swarm & you drive into them, you may as well stop & scrub them off.

I es cort Semi Trucks as a retirement job, i may be in front of them, or in back of them.
When i am in front, i am no more than 1/4 mile in front of them, some times they are on my bumper.
When i am in back of them, i am suppose to be close enough, that no vehicle can slip between us, you call it Tailgating.
I am only following the State & Federal Laws for anyone in my business, i am actually protecting the Public vehicle & persons from harm or damage.
Being as i am following so close, the semi truck & trailer are lifting sand & rock dust into the air. I use a tall guard to attempt to save my windshield, instead most of the sand & rock dust & chips seems to hit the lip of the sheet metal just above the windshield.

This video, shows a bit of what i do, notice how close this driver is to the load on the roadway

046af.jpg

Last edited:

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
GT,
Thanks for the video, well done.
I always try to give wide loads all the room they need.

matemike

Reaction score
Anyone here ever got a bug shield "wrapped"?
I have a bright white night edition headed my way and I want a bug shield, but there is a gap between the black grill and shield itself that will brake up the black to white transition. Thinking of getting the bug shield wrapped white to match the hood and rest of the truck.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
img0915zd.jpg

img0512p.jpg

img0507n.jpg

egr9.jpg

egr2q.jpg
I would use different screws & clips if i buy another one
They hold on as they should, they are just very small

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Out of curiosity, have you guys taken one off after it being there awhile? Does dirt/grime build up since you can’t really wash in there?