Build and Price RAMBox option?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Narg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
Talk to your dealerships general manager. When I ordered my truck, there were a lot of options not available that he was able to get via his ordering system. Not saying that will magically make the 6.4 rambox appear, but at least he can take the info up the chain a bit and RAM may start to offer it again.

Zigi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco diesel
As was already mentioned, I'm on my third 1500 with ram box and wouldn't buy another one without one. To me it's personal preference and how you use your truck.
I wanted a 2020 but the 6’4” wasn't available with rambox. The dealer called me last week and I was in the process of ordering my 2020 and I asked if they were sure I could get the ram box in the 6’4” box. The sales guy double checked and came back with - NO, 5’7” box only

392DevilDog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Maybe...a big maybe. When the HeavyDuty gets the full redesign. Maybe then the 6'4 bed will get the RamBox.

I wouldn't expect it til then, but you never know.

TRX was just teased on the RAM site.

OP
OP
K

kltk1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Thanks, folks. Received an email from FCA. Rambox only on 5’7” bed.

Tracy in IL

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 diesel
On the search for my '17 1500, I could only get a crew cab, 6'3" bed and ram boxes by getting a fleet-commercial truck/tradesman, and then upgrading it with other goodies. I did get it that way, and love it.

Steve King

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I wanted a ram box on my truck but could only find two trucks out of the 10 Ram dealerships I went to that had one on the lot. When I asked about it they said you would have to custom order to get one. The custom order then would take several months to get in and wouldn’t qualify for any of the rebates. So for 20k less I got a truck without them.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I wanted a ram box on my truck but could only find two trucks out of the 10 Ram dealerships I went to that had one on the lot. When I asked about it they said you would have to custom order to get one. The custom order then would take several months to get in and wouldn’t qualify for any of the rebates. So for 20k less I got a truck without them.
Sounds like they're just trying to get rid of stock on-hand. You should get the same manufacturer discounts whether you order a truck or buy one off the lot. You may not get any dealer discounts they might be offering though. But that's up to each dealership to decide. My local dealership informed me that I would get the same discounts whether I bought one off the lot or ordered one from them. I was fortunate to find a truck that had everything I wanted, including the rambox, so I didn't have to place an order.

Charlie W

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
My 2018 PW has the 6' bed and rambles. Love em ! Put all kinds if small stuff in em that would normally take up passenger room on the inside cab. Tools, pistols, tarps,bungees, fishing gear, etc.

garymtx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'll never own another truck WITHOUT ram boxes and air ride. 32blownhemi is wrong about losing space. The rambox bed is an inch wider between the wheel wells and you gain all that easy access enclosed storage.

KLook

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Had the 6'4" on a 2012. Loved them. Best option I ever had on a truck. Clean, no leaks, so much stuff would fit. Will consider going 2500 to get them again.

32blownhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Diesel
I'll never own another truck WITHOUT ram boxes and air ride. 32blownhemi is wrong about losing space. The rambox bed is an inch wider between the wheel wells and you gain all that easy access enclosed storage.

I was eye balling not measuring but good to know cuz I'm back to wanting them after thinking about all the advantages...

392DevilDog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
With the 5' 7 bed there is nothing lost and everything gained.

Now with the 6'4...if you are hauling one dirt bike I could see needing the extra space in front of the wheel well to diagonally load and close the tailgate. Taking 2, get the RamBox.

They were rumored to start the 6'4 on the 5th Gen but still haven't.

Guess it is in the same hold up as the regular cab.

I sure wish they did 8' RamBox

unxpctd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 PW 75A
Engine
6.4 Hemi
8' Rambox.....AKA: Super Rambox....that thing would be HUGE!