Build Order Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LarryM13

Reaction score
Hey everyone, building a Ram Rebel 2500 to place an order (once I receive my deposit back on a Yukon). Here is a link to the truck I am likely going with 2023 Ram 2500 Rebel feel free to critique it

But my main question is the quality of the Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover, is it better to go aftermarket or is the factory option a good value?
Any experience with the "Adaptive Steering System" for $300? The description claims it firms up the steering response. 1 thing I did take away while test driving a 2500, the steering wheel is a bit loose

This will be a 99% commuter and on occasion towing a 5500lbs trailer with 3K of items in it (yes, I am aware the 2500 is overkill). I'd also like the flexibility to know that I can comfortably tow a 32' car trailer if I ever hit the lotto to carry 2 miata race cars

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
I've had the factory tri-fold on my truck for 5-1/2 years and it's still in good shape.

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Personally, I'd save the money on the bed cover and get one that you can't slice open with a knife.

On the steering, I'd again not check that box. My 18 2500 didn't have it and my 22 2500 does. I liked the 18 better. The steering is just too light for my tastes at highway speeds with it. It's not loose, just light. Not a huge deal, but I preferred the 18.

RamGuy110

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 2500
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I've heard the Mopar cover is crap. I've had adaptive steering on my last two limiteds and now do not have it on my 22' Laramie 6.4 and I can say I like the standard steering better. I think it stays straighter on the freeway than the adaptive steering one does. The only thing that helped it was a Fox 2.0 steering stabilizer that I bought from Thuren.

OP
OP
L

LarryM13

Reaction score
Thanks all, definitely ditching the cover. I’ve been researching the retractable ones, but I don’t think I can live with the space you lose in the cab

CRS1968

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Check out the BackFlip MX4 or Undercover Ultraflex, if you want a hard folding cover which can be removed.

Jim BB

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 classic Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I like the tri fold hard cover and it can be removed the hard cover with the locking tail gate is almost like locking tour truck door thing are secure ! well more secure than a soft cover or no cover!
My opinion