Build Sheet Vs. Windows Sticker

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wirelesspacket

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
I'm trying to figure out what my truck actually has for a fuel tank as well as differential. Both of these are different on the window sticker than they are on the build sheet. The build sheet says 23 Gallon Fuel Tank and Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle. The window sticker says 26 Gallon Fuel Tank and Conventional Differential Rear Axle. Which one is correct? How do I know what I have for sure?

Build Sheet;
https://www.jeep.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=1C6SRFFTXLN292516

Window Sticker;
https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=1C6SRFFTXLN292516

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm trying to figure out what my truck actually has for a fuel tank as well as differential. Both of these are different on the window sticker than they are on the build sheet. The build sheet says 23 Gallon Fuel Tank and Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle. The window sticker says 26 Gallon Fuel Tank and Conventional Differential Rear Axle. Which one is correct? How do I know what I have for sure?

Build Sheet;
https://www.jeep.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=1C6SRFFTXLN292516

Window Sticker;
https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=1C6SRFFTXLN292516

That's odd, I've never seen them conflict like that before and I've looked over quite a few of those over the years while shopping. I would be inclined to believe the build sheet more, I think I have heard of window stickers being wrong before, but never build sheets.

Maybe someone else can confirm this.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
On my truck's window sticker it said it had 3.92s ... when I got the truck I found out it was not 3.92s but 3.21s ... I was supposed to get my window sticker correct? Those fawkers never gave me mine and only later on I found out online that the window sticker for mine actually says 3.21s... so was I shown a different truck's window sticker? Is that not illegal ?

Also I chose a 4x4 and when the paperwork was done they read out the truck's description and it ended up a 4x2 which I on the spot questioned it and he said that is why I was getting the truck for less because it was a 4x2 which since I didn't plan on using 4x4 here where I live decided it was fine for $10k less ...

But they still said it had the 3.92s which would make up for a bit ... You like I completely got fawked lol ...

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
On my truck's window sticker it said it had 3.92s ... when I got the truck I found out it was not 3.92s but 3.21s ... I was supposed to get my window sticker correct? Those fawkers never gave me mine and only later on I found out online that the window sticker for mine actually says 3.21s... so was I shown a different truck's window sticker? Is that not illegal ?

Also I chose a 4x4 and when the paperwork was done they read out the truck's description and it ended up a 4x2 which I on the spot questioned it and he said that is why I was getting the truck for less because it was a 4x2 which since I didn't plan on using 4x4 here where I live decided it was fine for $10k less ...

But they still said it had the 3.92s which would make up for a bit ... You like I completely got fawked lol ...

4x4 does not add $10k to the price. It's more like $3500.

It's easy enough to tell if you have anti-spin or not. Raise the rear axle so both rear tires are off the ground. Grab one wheel and spin it while watching the other side. If both tires spin the same direction it's anti-spin. If they spin in opposite directions it's an open diff.

OP
OP
W

wirelesspacket

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Ram Customer care is telling me the build sheet is correct. 23 gallon tank and anti-spin. No response as to why the window sticker is different/wrong. It's a good thing people don't purchase vehicles based on the options listed on the window sticker...

Elkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
The VIN lookup is the best way to know exactly what is on your truck when it left the factory, but it should also be on the invoice for the truck. After you drive the truck off the lot you own it and it is too late to do anything.

I have gone to the dealer's to pick up a vehicle and found on close inspection that the tow mirrors were missing, the spare tire was missing, the jack was missing, the fluids were low for the radiator and the transmission. I make a list and hand it to the manager and tell him to fix everything and to phone me when it is done. Until that time I do not accept the vehicle and take possession of it.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
4x4 does not add $10k to the price. It's more like $3500.

It's easy enough to tell if you have anti-spin or not. Raise the rear axle so both rear tires are off the ground. Grab one wheel and spin it while watching the other side. If both tires spin the same direction it's anti-spin. If they spin in opposite directions it's an open diff.

Well the prize between the 2 was $10k regardless of what made it so ... fact is the window sticker was incorrect along with other details and looking at my build sheet online it is something completely different than what I was told ...

Zigi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco diesel
I’ve bough 4 new 1500 since 2013 and not a one of them came with a window sticker. I talked with Chrysler and first they told me I was entitled to it and then a different story. On every vehicle they did give me the build sheet.
I would prefer the window sticker to have when selling the truck, makes it a lot easier

ford40

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I thought the dealer installed the window stickers not the factory .
They may also print them not sure

bubbasneed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would go off of the build sheet for sure. The items in question on the window sticker are under standard equipment and it sates "unless replaced by optional equipment".

I know the Night Edition for the Big Horn adds the Anti-Spin Rear differential (even though it ins't listed on the window sticker you can verify this by building one on Rams website). Since it is part of the package it isn't listed separately and they don't list everything included with that package on the window sticker.

The 26 gallon tank is standard but you can replace it with a 23-gallon tank as a no charge option so that is probably what happened. I guess they don't list it on the window sticker since there was no charge.

Here is everything included in that Night Edition for the Big Horn.

Night Edition
$1,995
20-Inch x 9.0-Inch Premium Paint/Polished Wheels
275/55R20 OWL All-Season Tires
Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle
Automatic-Dimming Exterior Driver Mirror
Black Exterior Badging
Black Headlamp Bezels
Black Interior Accents
Body-Color Door Handles
Exterior Mirrors
Body-Color Front Bumper
Power-Heated Mirrors with Power Fold-Away
Body-Color Rear Bumper with Step Pads
Deluxe Cloth Bucket Seat
Dual Exhaust with Black Tips
Exterior Mirrors Courtesy Lamps
Exterior Mirrors with Memory
Grille-Surr 1 Black Texture 2 Black
Power Folding Mirrors

Hope that helps

Bottomfeeder

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Easy way to get your window sticker, Go to Mopar.com.... sign up, put your vin number in and it will generate all the info on your vehicle including the window sticker on the bottom right side of your dashboard.dashboard.jpg

Mine is a 2019, not sure how many years back it will go.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Easy way to get your window sticker, Go to Mopar.com.... sign up, put your vin number in and it will generate all the info on your vehicle including the window sticker on the bottom right side of your dashboard.View attachment 200152

Mine is a 2019, not sure how many years back it will go.

Can save the signing up step with this website:

https://windowstickerlookup.com/

Just select "Dodge 2013 and up" and then enter the vin.

litzdog911

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
For some reason my VIN is not coming up on https://fcacommunity.force.com/RAM/s/equipment-listing

I was able to get the window sticker, but who can I check with to find out why I can't pull up the full build sheet?

That's puzzling. Usually the build sheet is available before you can get the Window Sticker. What do you see when you enter your VIN? Maybe that site is temporarily down?

msedly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That's puzzling. Usually the build sheet is available before you can get the Window Sticker. What do you see when you enter your VIN? Maybe that site is temporarily down?

It says "No records found corresponding to the VIN provided".

I've tried on multiple occassions over the past few weeks. Always the same message.

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
The items in question on the window sticker are under standard equipment and it sates "unless replaced by optional equipment".

^^This

The "standard equipment" list on window stickers is just boiler plate - Basically, it's the same for all of a given trim level of truck. It is odd that a change like the different fuel tank size isn't listed under optional equipment but I'm not totally surprised.

While shopping over the years I've found tons of inconsistencies with vehicles listed because dealers just go with what's on the window sticker. The build-sheet is much more vehicle specific.... and likely what the VIN lookup will be tied to eventually.

slim chance

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 eTorque
when i go to the VIN lookup site for Ram and call up our build sheet vs window sticker and compare ... all three Ram 2019 trks ... each trks info for that trk makes it look like a unique trk ... which is right???

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It says "No records found corresponding to the VIN provided".

I've tried on multiple occassions over the past few weeks. Always the same message.
Make sure all letters in your VIN are uppercase.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
am3334