Bulb list for 4th gens

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Last edited:

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Of course everyone knows that in their owners manual there is a listing too? Google 20/19XX RAM owners manual and in most cases it will be out there electronically.

2018 RAM 2500HD Lights, Bulb Replacement
Capture.PNG

Mbrigh3

IG: Stormtrooper_5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are the quad low beam bulbs the same as the Projector headlights on the 4th gens? if so i might upgrade the headlights to projectors. They make the truck look so much nicer

rumble83

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 dodge ram
Engine
Are the 19 classic the same bulb number for the non projectors?

T_Unit114

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just as a reference for headlights, check this page out. They have done a metric poop ton of bulb testing with various brand and model bulbs in various housings. They even have a list of videos specific to the 4th gen rams.

https://www.youtube.com/user/HeadlightRevolution

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

EricBot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone have problems with the upper brake light always blowing on 4th gen?. Had same issue with 3rd gen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tahoebronco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Are the quad low beam bulbs the same as the Projector headlights on the 4th gens? if so i might upgrade the headlights to projectors. They make the truck look so much nicer

I ended replacing my light assemblies for aftermarket projectors (knock off's of the MORIMOTTO). My original lights were single bulbs (dual function: low & high beams) on right and left sides. The new assemblies are quad projectors. The light output and beam pattern on the low beam saw major improvement. The assemblies came regular H-1 halogen bulbs for both the high and low beams, but I did replace them with brighter bulbs from Autozone.

I wish I could figure a way to have all four projectors light up when on high beams. As it is now, only the high beam projectors or the low beam projectors will stay lit in their respective modes. If both were able to stay lit, the improvement to the light pattern would near perfect. The low beams really light up the area in front of the truck, but when switching to high beams, the distance is great but the area just in front of the truck loses the low beams and it is not so bright. My truck is a 2011 ST. I understand later models don't have this problem.

Reaction score
Ram Year
'11
Engine
6.7L ISB
I ended replacing my light assemblies for aftermarket projectors (knock off's of the MORIMOTTO). My original lights were single bulbs (dual function: low & high beams) on right and left sides. The new assemblies are quad projectors. The light output and beam pattern on the low beam saw major improvement. The assemblies came regular H-1 halogen bulbs for both the high and low beams, but I did replace them with brighter bulbs from Autozone.

I wish I could figure a way to have all four projectors light up when on high beams. As it is now, only the high beam projectors or the low beam projectors will stay lit in their respective modes. If both were able to stay lit, the improvement to the light pattern would near perfect. The low beams really light up the area in front of the truck, but when switching to high beams, the distance is great but the area just in front of the truck loses the low beams and it is not so bright. My truck is a 2011 ST. I understand later models don't have this problem.
The trucks that came with single filament dual bulb stock housings were programmed to have lows on with highs. I bought an obdlink mx and the alfaobd app and was able to flash the truck with new the info for the new housings and have it work. I originally had the single bulb dual filament housings.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Akorthem4 Ind

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L/G56

We have the same truck with the same problems? What did you end up doing?

Also, has anybody tried red LED for the dome light (4410) that was fairly bright and caused no issues/codes?

Tahoebronco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins

Also, has anybody tried red LED for the dome light (4410) that was fairly bright and caused no issues/codes?
I haven't fix the problem yet. Other members have advised me that I change updated the truck's computer with an Alpha OBD II. I haven't obtained the Alpha OBD II reader yet. Maybe when the individual stimulus check arrives, I'll order it and then be able to program the trucks computer so the low beams stay on when the high beams are activated.

joelmic

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 Express Quad Cab 3.6L 4x4 20x9 Wheels
Engine
Time proven footwell LEDs???
I put some big ones in, too long to put the cover plate on... they didn't last, probably cuz they were open to the elements.
Now not only have I forgotten what SIZE the footwells are, but I want a bright LED.

194s????

Last edited:

AE5548

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Time proven footwell LEDs???
I put some big ones in, too long to put the cover plate on... they didn't last, probably cuz they were open to the elements.
Now not only have I forgotten what SIZE the footwells are, but I want a bright LED.

194s????

Yes, 194's.

AE5548

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I did a blue LED and it's very bright and no issues or codes on my 18. I know the 18's are far more finicky then 11's I had an 11' and when i did i used one of the cheap ones off ebay with no problems at all. I don't think the computer on an 11' will give you any issues for dome lights,

Gixxer750

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015_2017
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Um, I cut a blue LED OUT OF A STRIP. seriously. Smashed an old incandescent 194 bulb and soldered to its filament leads. Works fine. Even with the outrageous bass. Its like a rave party in there lol

20200807_072428.jpg

20200807_072504.jpg

1599220266763146166667899595071.jpg

MADOCCO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Incase anyone's looking at these auxito H10 led fogs, the 1 red arrow photo shows product that does NOT fit factory housing on 2017 1500 Big Horn due to the 2 prong plastic tabs (can barely see in photo). The second photo with 2 red arrows shows a different auxito product with the correct single prong tab that WILL fit factory housing. Thought I'd share to avoid making the mistake I made. Some sites state it will fit this particular year and model Rams.iMarkup_20201208_114439.jpg iMarkup_20201208_114552.jpg

joelmic

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 Express Quad Cab 3.6L 4x4 20x9 Wheels
Engine
Has anyone successfully found the low profile LED HIGH BEAMS for a quad light 2017??

I replaced my lows with LED and bought highs, only to find out they stuck out too far, couldn't close the back cover... A year ago I'm not sure anyone found them yet when I talked about this somewhere here. Don't wanna leave my stock crap highs in forever...

THNX

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had to find ones that looked like the stock plug. They make them. Check out Amazon 9005 led.

Nino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I did a blue LED and it's very bright and no issues or codes on my 18. I know the 18's are far more finicky then 11's I had an 11' and when i did i used one of the cheap ones off ebay with no problems at all. I don't think the computer on an 11' will give you any issues for dome lights,
If you don’t mind me asking… which blue LED’s did you use? Looking to do the same in my truck in blue