Bulb review auxito Q16

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I did a thread on a different bulb, from Auxito believe it was the y13. Saw a video review of these on YouTube, and it seemed favorable, so I wanted to try these out. I liked the all in one design, which is something I'm usually skeptical of. That said, I'm actually impressed with these bulbs so far. My setup prior to installing these bulbs was hylux 45w ballasts and gtr 4000k h11 hid bulbs. Now, the 45w ballasts are extremely bright, as shown by the pictures I'm going to post. Here is a before shot as shown by the camera in the auto setting.
20220316_224906.jpg
Now here is the same setup, just with the exposure turned down to get a better idea of the beam pattern (normal or auto settings tend to blow out the brightness and don't show the true output, thus why the 4000k looks white, instead of yellow)
20220316_224933.jpg
Now. Here is a comparison between the hid and the auxito led against my house in the day light. You'll see the hid still overpowers the led (I expected it to since these are 45w ballasts). Compare the beam pattern. One is the driver side and the other is passenger, OEM black quad reflector housings.
20220317_165832.jpg
Now, for the night time shots. Same white wall as before, in the auto setting.
20220317_225624.jpg
Now, with the exposure turned down to see the beam pattern.
20220317_225636.jpg
Now, it's not showing the full width of the light, these have a very good width to them. I like the color temp a little more than the very yellow hid. For what this bulb is, I'm happy with it. I like that it is an all-in-one bulb with no need to clock the bulb since it twists in just like a standard halogen. The diodes are already sitting at 9 & 3. Tonight was my first drive with them, and since it's been raining, all the roads are wet, so getting a true guage on actual performance is difficult, I can say I was not struggling to see the road or the lines. And as I said, these fit nicely under the low beam dust cover on the stock quads.
For anyone interested, these are the exact lights I picked up.
Auxito Q16

Last edited:

Pfoneman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you have to change anything with the ALPHAOBD? Any problems with flickering or warning lights?

OP
OP
hunterdan

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Did you have to change anything with the ALPHAOBD? Any problems with flickering or warning lights?
I've set everything via alfaobd over a year ago. It's cheap insurance to make sure you don't have any of those issues and prevent from needing any resistors or extra wiring adapters.