Bull Bar, Ranch Hand, any other aftermarket front end protection????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Proud owner of a 2012 Power Wagon.....I am looking for a Bull Bar or any front end protection that will work with the factory WARN Winch. Happy to receive any and all recommendations for the "Beast".

Thank you.

OP
OP
Chino

Chino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you both (Grand Mesa & michael harpe). I will take both into consideration.

Chino
88Z50

Adventurebound

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

1pieceatatime

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
I have the ARB and extremely pleased with it. Since winch mounts to bumper I also ditched the winch cable, which really eased the weight penalty and I was also able to sell it for $250 to a non-wagon owner to offset some of spendy bumper.

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Not to hijack the thread but to attest to the Rancher's protection.

My brother has a Rancher on his 2016 3500 HO. A brand new Ford truck tried to come into his lane from the driver's side. The Ford either misjudged or was just stupid. The Ford hit the driver side headlight guard of the Rancher. It totaled the whole passenger side of the Ford. My brother's truck was unscathed and the Rancher had a paint smudge on the headlight gaurd.

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
Not to hijack the thread but to attest to the Rancher's protection.

My brother has a Rancher on his 2016 3500 HO. A brand new Ford truck tried to come into his lane from the driver's side. The Ford either misjudged or was just stupid. The Ford hit the driver side headlight guard of the Rancher. It totaled the whole passenger side of the Ford. My brother's truck was unscathed and the Rancher had a paint smudge on the headlight gaurd.

I lived in Southern California until 1982. Drivers went from excellent to really, really stupid. I determined that I needed a grille guard for the countless amount of times little cars came close to taking off my Power Wagon's front end from Las Vegas to Burbank on Christmas Day. Had it installed as soon as I returned home. Glad to know that it works.

Last edited:

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Yep, SoCal hasn't changed, just getting worse.

The brother I mentioned above lives in Oregon, the incident happened in L A. The Ford driver filed a claim, claiming my brother crossed into his (MR Stupid) lane. Fortunately, my brother has a dashcam, sent Mr. Stupid's insurance company a video, they responded with sorry, our client is a liar, we'll pay for any damages or injuries.

Udy2554

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ARB, best bumper on the market!

I've had several on a couple different previous trucks and I can attest to the overall quality and fit and finish. Bit pricey but worth every penny if your looking for qualify kit As soon as ones released for 19' + (fingers crossed) one will be on my truck.

https://arbusa.com/dodge-ram-2500-2003-2009/bumpers-protection-equipment/deluxe-bumpers/

I loved my ARB! Took deer hits without a mark! $799 when I installed it 14 years ago! I’m hoping the modular style holds up as well(when I finally can afford one!)!

Around here, it’s not IF you’re going to hit a deer, it’s WHEN!

1EA3AF8D-C688-402B-99B6-D1BEAC5EC9EF.jpeg 9AEAC62B-57D1-4D9C-9B1D-2A655EB34535.jpeg

SkeeterBait

Reaction score
The Birthplace Town of the "Jersey Devil"
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I lived in Southern California until 1982. Drivers went from excellent to really, really stupid. I determined that I needed a grille guard for the countless amount of times little cars came close to taking off my Power Wagon's front end from Las Vegas to Burbank on Christmas Day. Had it installed as soon as I returned home. Glad to know that it works.
I too lived in So. Cal for 30+ years and left 10 years' ago. The only thing I miss is the weather!! Now back in my home state and area I grew up in. "Can't get that Jersey sand out of my shoes"

Michael stanger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
I have a ranch hand full grill gaurd on my '19 pw. And am absolutely amazed and pleased with it, after 9 ditching, 6 dear and a gas pedle mishap that had me close 2 20ft in the air and landing know down with 2 bounces, I still have no bag deployment or service light.

SeppW

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Proud owner of a 2012 Power Wagon.....I am looking for a Bull Bar or any front end protection that will work with the factory WARN Winch. Happy to receive any and all recommendations for the "Beast".

Thank you.

AEV, but $$$$. I like the set up in post 2. Unless willing drop a grand or more, all the rest are just aesthetics, i.e. fit, form, function fails.

Last edited:

rcmedic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L I6 Cummins Turbo Diesel Engine
I have just ordered the Ranch Hand Sport Front Winch Bumper, Dodge/RAM (2010-17) 2500 & 3500 with Sensors (FBD105BLRS) from https://ktperformance.net/ but have yet to actually receive and install it. I will also be installing the Warn Thermometric Series Wound 16,500 lb Heavy Weight Series 16.5ti Winch 12V

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
16500. Dang. What ya pulling out with that bad boy?