Busted drag link

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Huh?

Here is what he said and I responded to. He said nothing about the weld. I think you got confused on what I was responding to.

"You got me wondering, is there a place where I can check to see if my 2016 3500 has this recall and if it has been corrected?"

Just confusion im sure. He asked if it could have already been corrected…you responded that he would have had to request it. I was just saying no, no necessarily

BLUKTY2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Nope, not really. I got the recall notice years ago and never did anything about it because i check it periodically and it has always been tight. And quite frankly i didnt want it welded up anyway…would replace it before i let that happen. Welllllll….i took my truck in to the dealer to have the trans fluid changed and while it was in there the kakas welded my drag link up. They never asked me about it. Hell they didnt even tell me about it. Kinda pissed me off but it is what it is i guess…i suppose they are legally supposed to do the recall on anything that comes into their shop. But what grinded me was it was not that long ago, so the new part was certainly available…but they just welded the damn thing instead. So dumb.
Very similar to my experience as you will understand if you read one of my previous posts on this thread. Again, I say contact Ram Cares. I am confident that they will take care of you as they did me and from what I have come to see, many others too. It may take some time, but don't give up and don't "No" for an answer.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Very similar to my experience as you will understand if you read one of my previous posts on this thread. Again, I say contact Ram Cares. I am confident that they will take care of you as they did me and from what I have come to see, many others too. It may take some time, but don't give up and don't "No" for an answer.
I pm’d ram cares on this forum last week, within a day had a reply with needed info from me, the next day another reply that they will get it started. Within a few more days had a call from someone from stelantis maybe, cant remember, just asking some main questions again. Then another day or so later another call from a gal wondering which dealer i wanted my new part delivered to.

The transactions have been great so far, we will see what comes of this. But so far its been good.

I would like to thank ram cares for getting this going for me.

quickster2

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Laramie 2500 4 X 4
Engine
6.4L
I received my dealer appointment today to replace my welded drag link.

Thank you @RamCares and OP.
I received my initial call from Ram Cares today after reaching out to them last Thursday. The person on the phone was very nice but she stated she was not authorized to approve new parts (my drag link was never welded). I explained to her my reasoning for not wanting a welded unit and she said she would "escalate" my request to another group handling this. I'll wait for the additional call. Anyone else have a similar experience? TIA

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I received my initial call from Ram Cares today after reaching out to them last Thursday. The person on the phone was very nice but she stated she was not authorized to approve new parts (my drag link was never welded). I explained to her my reasoning for not wanting a welded unit and she said she would "escalate" my request to another group handling this. I'll wait for the additional call. Anyone else have a similar experience? TIA
Yes. Kinda. My initial call was from a gentleman, and he pretty much stated that the welded drag link was the fix and they don’t authorize a replacement. I simply told him i wanted to get an alignment done and they wouldnt do it because the drag link was welded. He said he would see who else he could get in touch with. Fast forward a few days i got a call from a lady asking me which dealer i wanted the new part sent to. Im still waiting to get an actual appointment or whatever, but sounds promising to me.

BLUKTY2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Pretty much what I initially went through. I just made it clear that I didn't agree or approve of the weld "fix" and insisted on a new link. That's all it took.

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
I was one of the initial members that started this drag link crusade with FCA years ago and with much persistence and patience eventually got my drag link replaced by FCA.

@RamCares helped me as did FCA customer service. It was a battle with multiple formal letters written and sent to FCA by me, but eventually they did the right thing. I flat refused to allow my link to be welded as that is not a proper repair and alters the truck from the way it was designed when originally produced. Stick to your guns, be polite but firm and @RamCares will help you get it right, just my .02...I have a large thread on this topic. Good luck.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
I pm’d ram cares on this forum last week, within a day had a reply with needed info from me, the next day another reply that they will get it started. Within a few more days had a call from someone from stelantis maybe, cant remember, just asking some main questions again. Then another day or so later another call from a gal wondering which dealer i wanted my new part delivered to.

The transactions have been great so far, we will see what comes of this. But so far its been good.

I would like to thank ram cares for getting this going for me.
We appreciate your feedback on this. Please let us know if you need any additional assistance.

William
Ram Cares

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Please keep us further posted on this if you need some assistance. You should be able to get the new updated version if you did not go with the welded one when the V06 recall released.

William
Ram Cares

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
I was one of the initial members that started this drag link crusade with FCA years ago and with much persistence and patience eventually got my drag link replaced by FCA.

@RamCares helped me as did FCA customer service. It was a battle with multiple formal letters written and sent to FCA by me, but eventually they did the right thing. I flat refused to allow my link to be welded as that is not a proper repair and alters the truck from the way it was designed when originally produced. Stick to your guns, be polite but firm and @RamCares will help you get it right, just my .02...I have a large thread on this topic. Good luck.
We appreciate your positive feedback on this. Please let us know if you need any additional assistance.

William
Ram Cares

quickster2

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Laramie 2500 4 X 4
Engine
6.4L
Ram Cares followed up this AM. They are covering the new drag link and an alignment at my local dealer. Excellent thx.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Ram Cares followed up this AM. They are covering the new drag link and an alignment at my local dealer. Excellent thx.
We are glad to be able to assist you. Please keep us all posted on your repair. Thank you!

William
Ram Cares

shawnlarue12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Morning....new to the group...but wanted to ask if anyone is having steering issues on their 2500? I was looking thru the history and most people had their drag link covered by the recall....ill be calling the dealership to find out why I was charged 981.00 to replace it.

I have a new drag link, front end alignment and steering shaft...but my steering wheel is still 20ish degrees off but that's the only way I can keep it straight.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Morning....new to the group...but wanted to ask if anyone is having steering issues on their 2500? I was looking thru the history and most people had their drag link covered by the recall....ill be calling the dealership to find out why I was charged 981.00 to replace it.

I have a new drag link, front end alignment and steering shaft...but my steering wheel is still 20ish degrees off but that's the only way I can keep it straight.

You can straighten your steering wheel easy, just adjust the drag link, it doesn't affect the alignment.

Why did you have the dealer replace the drag link? To cover the recall or was this a steering issue repair? If it was an issue they were "repairing" that would come out of your pocket.

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
Short answer is if your drag link was just worn out and required replacemrnt due to wear and tear, that's not likely eligible for recall. But I could be wrong.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Short answer is if your drag link was just worn out and required replacemrnt due to wear and tear, that's not likely eligible for recall. But I could be wrong.
We warranty our repair for 2 yrs, should the part become defective, we'd be happy to look further into assisting you.

William
Ram Cares

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
We warranty our repair for 2 yrs, should the part become defective, we'd be happy to look further into assisting you.

William
Ram Cares
Hi William

Thanks, but I dont think that's the issue here. I believe the member had a steering issue and had the drag link replaced due to that. It wasn't one that was warranty replaced prior, I do not believe, but I could also be misunderstanding that members post

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Hello,

Thank you for that info. The v06 drag link does not cover any steering components related to the steering issue, beside for the alignment. Should there be any changes on this, we will make a post on it. We appreciate everyone's concern on this matter.

William
Ram Cares