Buying a 2500 rebel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins

DeckArtist

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The whole reason I went with the Rebel was the PW at the time [2020] only towed 9500 and the Rebel towed 11,350. PWs still get skunked by the 1500s.

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Equally equipped non rebels are towing around the same. I'm not going with diesel as much as I'd like to have one for a few reasons (price vs payload, maintenance, fuel costs currently and living where 5 months a year it's cold and snow so warm up times are a pain) I tow a trailer with our wheelers all up and down the coast in the summers only loaded up to 7 8k which the 1500 handles ok just not great or with any ease. Also going to be picking up a toy hauler this spring most likely bumper pull and probably in the 12k area I would guess loaded pending on what I get. Could use some info though for gearing if anyone else has similar. Was going to go to the 4.10 for the extra ease but how do they do on the highway both towing and not paired w the 8 speed? It will be a daily also too but any long trips not towing for the most part the old lady's grand Cherokee will be used.
No downside to 4.10s at all, especially if you're going to size up the tires at all.