- Apr 18, 2017
- Reaction score
- Ram Year
If you have the 8 speed, you might want to check your transmission fluid level - 8 speed problems are almost unheard of though.Okay
1. The truck acts like it has a clutch when cold. Goes into gear but slips/flairs till up to speed.
2. The truck shutters when trying to downshift.
3. When towing a trailer and trying to back up an incline (my driveway) it slips and takes a lot of RPMs
4. When towing trailer on highway at 60mph truck will run 4K to 5K on RPMS, can not get it to select higher gear. This happens in tow/haul and normal mode. 6x10 utility trailer empty.
5. All most every stop sign there is a clunk when taking off.
6. Start truck, by the time you put seat belt on truck dies.
7. Start truck and it stays at 2K at idle until you hit the throttle.
8. Base radio with CD player freezes up. Has very bad lag.
I've taken this truck in to be looked at and all I got was the "we can not duplicate the issues" line.
The clunk might just need the correct lube put on the spines at the front of the driveshaft to transmission slip joint.
Start issues - are you touching the gas or anything at all? Should be able to just start and let alone and it be ok - it will rev a bit higher when cold, how long do you wait for it to come down?
Radio, I rec. you upgrade to the 8.4 radio