C&L Exhaust Muffler with Tips - STEAL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamRuss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Been looking at a moderate muffler to add to my 2016 and was bombarded from AmericanTrucks.com with adds. Saw the typical Carven systems with tips and was looking at the new MBRP system as my first choice because of their reputable brand name. I am big on looks, so wanted some tips to go along with the muffler as well. Came across the Proven Ground C&L Muffler Kit WITH tips for Ram's (https://www.americantrucks.com/cl-r...ht-through-muffler-polished-tips-r111021.html) FOR $122 BUCKS. I couldn't afford not to buy the kit. Really just purchased because that price for just stainless tips is a freakin deal, but a bonus muffler, sure thing. Came in 1-1/2 days and installed in 1 hour last night with a can of WD-40 and a 15 & 13mm wrench. Muffler has a deep, quiet tone and had Very quality welds. Very impressed. Just thought I would share because this is too good of a deal. Sure it isn't a Carven or MBRP, but for 135 bucks shipped, count me in.

LoadedExpressRam

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Dang i wish i would've saw this earlier. Good find. How big were those tips?

Rav3ncroft

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I see they have kits available with chrome or black tips. You can also purchase without tips.

Any sound clips available?

OP
OP
RamRuss

RamRuss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Dang i wish i would've saw this earlier. Good find. How big were those tips?
Tips are 5". A little different from the Carven tips I think because it almost looks like the ID of the tips are close to 3", but the OD is 5". Might be an issue for some but I like the 5" look. I'll get some photos soon.

abouttobeglue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I ordered mine yesterday and it already shipped. I did it mostly for the tips too.

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Wish they sold just the tips...

abouttobeglue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I got my tips on, ramruss, any chance you could get a video of how the exhaust sounds? Thinking i may put mine on,

20201227_160557.jpg

Todd Hensley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I got this muffler a week or so ago. Installed it when it was not freezing the other day, but I have a question. When you installed the muffler, did you leave the little nubs on the tailpipe where it goes into the muffler. Or, do they need to be ground off.