C1242 Traction Control Light Issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tvizzle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey Yall

I have my traction control light on, so I got the code read at autozone. Came up C1242 Dynamic Sensor input signal performance.

Weird thing was, it popped on while I was drifting during this big ice snap we had.

I unplugged the battery for 30 mins, unplugged and replugged the sensor back in, and it's still there!!

Any ideas on how to proceed?

csuder99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks like you successfully confused the stability control :) . I doubt that there is any failed component, that would be too much of a coincidence.
Try driving at low speed 5-12 mph and turning left and right. Supposedly the DTC resets when the g-sensor doesn't see the trigger condition present anymore.

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Sensor packs up With ice. Mine does it a couple times a Year. Throw it in a heated shop it usually thaws and goes away. Either that or you Iced up the wire and broke it.

OP
OP
tvizzle

tvizzle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I FORGOT! - The day that happened, I lost everything while driving.

No gauges, no radio, no lights, ect. But the engine ran fine, so kept driving. I had service 4wd, CEL, ABS, ect on after I got power back.

It was a 10 second or less ordeal, didn't think much of it.

But the c1242 abs light remains.

Seems like something that would power all interior/cab canbus could be loose?

I've already checked main frame ground and the battery.

Any idea what connections to check or where to get a schematic? It's a 2012 Ram 2500 5.7. Thanks!!

OP
OP
tvizzle

tvizzle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just a lil update for anyone trying to use Ram Body Builder on those older PDF based websites - if you can't get it to work.

I got IE to load on my Windows 11, but couldn't download the Adobe reader plugin, since IE is no longer supported. Total dead end.

Search google for "rambodybuilder.com/2010" in quotes, and pick a good starting year for your model, it seems to have more documents. It'll return 50-60 PDFs to sift through but whats your other option? lol.

Connector lookup and pin outs, use CTRL+F and you can search by circuit - http://www.rambodybuilder.com/2010/docs/wd/dr/ds/8w80connectorpinouts.pdf
Connector & Ground Locations - http://www.rambodybuilder.com/2009/docs/wd/dr/ds/8w91connectorgroundsplicelocation.pdf
Connecter Pinouts - http://connectors.dcctools.com/home.htm

OP
OP
tvizzle

tvizzle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
New Question!

Been probing with a multimeter.

I've got some continuity between the dynamics sensor ground and the power wire (ignition run/start). At the plug that goes into the sensor. This is with the battery unplugged, and the abs module unplugged to isolate it.

I've exposed a good amount of the wiring, and massaged it around with the multimeter hooked up, no change in resistance. All wiring has continuity from abs module to dynamics sensor.

Now when I pull the fuse to this circuit in the TIPM, the ground/power short goes away and theres no power/ground short!

Am I missing something here or am i ******?!