Cab Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Snake_Eyes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l Hemi
I've been searching and haven't really found a direct answer to my question.

I want to add cab/clearance/roof lights to my 2500. I DO have an RA3/8.4A so I have the rearview mirror with the microphone and auto dim. Will I have the plug for the cab lights already in the harness in my ceiling? I really don't want to run the lead all the way to the fuse box like the directions recommend.

jagr200

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If it was a factory option for your truck then yes there should be a plug. From what I have found in research on other installs the main harness is the same. Most things have spots to plug in. If you bought the kit from Mopar and want to install it and the directions say to do run the wire to the fuse box then it sounds like there is no plug.

OP
OP
Snake_Eyes

Snake_Eyes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l Hemi
If it was a factory option for your truck then yes there should be a plug. From what I have found in research on other installs the main harness is the same. Most things have spots to plug in. If you bought the kit from Mopar and want to install it and the directions say to do run the wire to the fuse box then it sounds like there is no plug.

Yes, it's a factory option and I think the Mopar instructions are written that way for trucks that don't have the mic/mirror...well at least that's what I'm guessing. I guess I'll find out soon enough.

Thanks

Codydoss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
How'd this turn out? I added the Mopar kit to my 2012 2500 crew cab about two years ago. The wiring was fairly easy for mine and I can explain the process if needed. Not sure if there is a difference on the newer trucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Snake_Eyes

Snake_Eyes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l Hemi
How'd this turn out? I added the Mopar kit to my 2012 2500 crew cab about two years ago. The wiring was fairly easy for mine and I can explain the process if needed. Not sure if there is a difference on the newer trucks.

funny story...when I got to doing the install last summer I totally forgot about this thread and forgot to even look for the plug in the ceiling. The way I dropped the headliner it would have been impossible to work with anyhow. I ended up tapping a wire in the passenger a-pillar. Everything works fine and looks good but it wasn't done to my usual standards...I got pissed and then lazy.

Codydoss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
That's exactly how I wired mine. I didn't have a plug in the ceiling. I pulled it halfway down and looked everywhere.

So I crimped a pin onto the power wire for the lights and inserted it into the passenger pillar then just grounded the lights using a small self taping screw in a part of the double layer cab sheet metal. Worked well.

I completely understand your frustration though hahah.

07MegaCabRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
The plug is in the passenger side dash panel near the door.

When I did mine, I did the Mopar Kit and it's 1000000% better than the Recon Kit. I'd highly recommend. I took a ton of pictures, so if you need some for reference/help.. let me know.

The plug is pin 1 and it's a green wire (I believe, I'll go look again)

stihlyourface

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Figured you would.. so there ya go.

Believe it's the white with green. But a test light will tell you for sure!

I just did this install on a 2014 ram 2500.

I tapped power from the white and green and the lights work perfectly.

warwagon98xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 CCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I need to to do mine just can’t bring myself to drill holes in the roof of my truck