cab styles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phinfan13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hi there. I'm new to the forum and a 1st time ram owner. I have a 2008 1500 quad cab with the 5.7 hemi. I have been looking on sites for accessaries and on some of them they ask for the cab style. When I click on the drop down they have listed a crew cab. I was always thinking there were only 3 types. The regular, quad cab, and the mega cab. Is the crew cab just some sites way of saying one of those 3 or is there a crew cab for the 1500? Thanks for the help.

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
I know on the 4th gens a quad cab has much smaller rear doors and room in the backseat compared to a crew cab, which has full-size rear doors and backseat. I would imagine its the same for 3rd gens, but I’m not sure enough to give you an answer. Hopefully someone else knows

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

audiowize

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
360 Magnum
CAB80DDT128B0101.jpg
3rd Gen mega cab
hqdefault.jpg
3rd Gen quad cab

The thickness of the body behind the rear door makes the difference very visible.

OP
OP
P

phinfan13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Seeing those pictures is there such a thing as a 3rd gen crew cab? I do have the quad cab truck & just wondering if some web sites could be using crew cab to mean quad cab?

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
2008 Rams came in three cab styles:

Regular cab - 2 doors

Quad cab - 4 doors, rear doors are narrower than front doors.

MegaCab - 4 doors, all full size, extra room behind rear seat, shorter bed.

No crew cab listed but I've seen lots of examples where the crew cab nomenclature is mistakenly used to describe the quad cab options.

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
2008 Rams came in three cab styles:

Regular cab - 2 doors

Quad cab - 4 doors, rear doors are narrower than front doors.

MegaCab - 4 doors, all full size, extra room behind rear seat, shorter bed.

No crew cab listed but I've seen lots of examples where the crew cab nomenclature is mistakenly used to describe the quad cab options.
You are correct where plenty of retailers mistakenly use Crew Cab instead of Quad Cab. The Ram truck didn't receive the actual Crew Cab moniker until the release of the 2009 MY.