Cabin air filter replace, 2014 3500.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sealion

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins Diesel
I have a 2014 Ram 3500 Big Horn. I watched several YouTube videos on replacement. I got the glove compartment out, no problem. The tabs on either side that hold the long filter cartridge cover in won't budge. I tried pushing them every direction, and used a screwdriver for leverage, they won't budge. And the cover does not have any writing on it. I am thinking my year class is different. Any suggestions?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I have a 2014 Ram 3500 Big Horn. I watched several YouTube videos on replacement. I got the glove compartment out, no problem. The tabs on either side that hold the long filter cartridge cover in won't budge. I tried pushing them every direction, and used a screwdriver for leverage, they won't budge. And the cover does not have any writing on it. I am thinking my year class is different. Any suggestions?
You probably don't have a cabin filter in your 14 unless you've added it.They didn't start installing a cabin filter in the trucks till i think either 17 or 18.You can add it though,do a search on here for a howto.

Bad Tiki

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L
I was going to order a filter for mine from amazon and they all seem to come with a replacement cover, which I think is for older models to use.
You might find some info there from others who bought.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
The cover should look like this !
The blower box will have a outline of the cover ! You Tub and here have several videos on the Mod.
So a picture of your blower box would help. I had to cut mine out on my 2015 and as mentioned probaly the 2014 needs to be cut out as well !

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
They began installing the Cabin Air Filter in early 2016
My 2016 Ram is a December 18 2015 build

I had the dealership cut the plastic & install the charcoal filter kit, that i bought from Geno's Garage

2009 - 2018 cabs are the same

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXIry6qw3Nc

Zoe Saldana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
I was going to order a filter for mine from amazon and they all seem to come with a replacement cover, which I think is for older models to use.
You might find some info there from others who bought.

You don't need a cover. The filter goes in very tight.

If you really think you need something - put some duct tape over the filter.

OP
OP
S

sealion

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins Diesel
You probably don't have a cabin filter in your 14 unless you've added it.They didn't start installing a cabin filter in the trucks till i think either 17 or 18.You can add it though,do a search on here for a howto.

OP
OP
S

sealion

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins Diesel
Aha! That's why it won't release! The dealer noted that it needed to be changed on a recent visit. I will ask him about that.

Thanks.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Aha! That's why it won't release! The dealer noted that it needed to be changed on a recent visit. I will ask him about that.

Thanks.
It is probably time to find a better mechanic ,if the dealer can’t tell if it has a filter or not . This would be my last visit to them.