Cabin Air Filter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

michaelm_ski

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 liter
I was wondering does my 2003 dodge ram 1500 have a cabin filter and where would it be ?

tuckerdog1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
You "probably" don't have one. But there are many videos showing how to "add" one. This guy points out, not just the use for pollen, etc, but to save your AC evaporator. Unbelievable RAM doesn't just put this little door on EVERY truck. The cutout is clearly RIGHT THERE. Just include it please. These kits can be had ( with a filter included ) on Ebay for about $10. Looks super easy. I ordered one two days ago.

I did just notice you have a 2003. They may be different. Easy enough to take a look though.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I was wondering does my 2003 dodge ram 1500 have a cabin filter and where would it be ?
No you do not have so it is not anywhere.

You "probably" don't have one.

I did just notice you have a 2003. They may be different. Easy enough to take a look though.
No probably about it lol, no joy for 3rd gens. Very different. Can't do what you propose.

Only option is the Geno's kit, which was actually talked about recently: https://www.ramforum.com/threads/is-there-a-cabin-air-filter-on-3rd-gens.169000/

Oliver Closehauf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Laramie
Engine
Cummins 5.9
I was looking on the Mopar parts site about this. It looks like you might, and it's a long shot, be able replace the air inlet part of the gen 3 case, with the air inlet of the gen 4. The old part is discontinued, the newer part is only 50 bucks, comes with the door and screws. Heck it might just fit right on. (haha)

You would have to modify the plastic behind the glove box just to be able to get to it when you needed.

I think I would spend a Saturday or Sunday at the junk yard and see if I can make it fit there first. Gram one from a gen 4 and then try and swap it to a gen 3. If it works, take it home.

Oliver Closehauf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Laramie
Engine
Cummins 5.9
All this talk about cabin air filters inspired me to change the ones in my 03 Mazda3. Simple enough to get to but a pain in the ass to change. When I opened up the compartment, all that was there, besides leaves and crap, were two filter "frames". Like Dodge, Mazda went through the hassle of making a place for filters, but then just put blanks in there istead of actual filters.

WTF car companies? Does it actually cost that much more to finish the job? Someone at both companies A: designed a place to put a filter, and B: then decided to half ass it.

OP
OP
michaelm_ski

michaelm_ski

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 liter
Thanks everyone for the help , I will check it all out in the spring .