Cai recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jr82murray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I'm sure this has been gone over so please forgive me I'm new

I purchased a vararam air grabber for my 2011 ram 1500 sport.at first I was very please with it.lo e the style and performance up until I noticed dust on the inside of the intake,upon further investigation I found that it wasn't sealing on the front corners.
So my question is is a s&b a good cai or do you guys recommend something else,thanks and sorry in advance

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
View attachment 468660as you can see, dust inside
You already have the best one on the market, you just need to learn how to put the lid on correctly.
It's not sealing correctly because you're not re-assembling it properly.
You won't get any dust if sealed correctly, fwiw.
Put your filter in the channels on the base, they're not gonna stay in the channels, but you'll fix that in a minute.
Now, starting at the rear (make sure the lids facing the right direction) start at the back and squeeze the filter until it seats in the top of the lid and keeping constant pressure on it as you run your hands around to the front pushing the filter into the top of the lid and bottom at the same time until your all the way around and now put the bolts on.
The filter should be in the "channel" all the way around on bottom and top, if not, just push in on that spot and it'll pop in place. Now tighten down, done.
Now it's sealed correctly all the way around, makes a difference!
IMG_1549.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jr82murray

Jr82murray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've done all that,I've watched videos ect.its sitting in the channel just fine,the front corner just don't seat down all the way

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've done all that,I've watched videos ect.its sitting in the channel just fine,the front corner just don't seat down all the way
It will if you run your hand around the perimeter pushing it in, keeping the other edges in at the same time.

OP
OP
Jr82murray

Jr82murray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well update,I went with the s&b and couldn't be for happy,still feel a better pull over stock and the filter along with everything thing else it constructed very well,definitely a happy customer

Firebird

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi
I've always been happy with S&B