Came here to rub it in lol. 2500 HD, off road/snow chief

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Barncat

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 2500HD TM/Offroad/snow Chief
Engine
Saw this at the dealer Saturday. Wasn't planning on buying, except it was opted exactly how I wanted. Can't even believe dealers around here stock these. To find a truck that has the preferred upgrades, with rubber floors and the heavy vinyl, is almost impossible. I've built this exact truck(in an 18), no less than 6x lol.
The off road package definitely puts it off the ground. You need to pull yourself in.
It doesn't have the small flares like last year, the tradesman do not get in floor "coolers", no SXM on this truck, and I don't care for the big shark fin antenna. Other than that, I have zero complaints. It's a will thought out beast
The diamond black is a gorgeous paint, especially in the sun. FCA killed it with this truck. I hated to leave my Black Express behind, because it was a head turner, but I regretted ever buying a half ton.
They gave me $20k for my 14 1500 and I get supplier discount on FCA, which is 1% below invoice + any rebates (there are none but I got 0% which is enough by me. Who could pass it up.
The 6.4 with the 8 speed is an animal. I loved 8 speed with the 5.7 in my 1500 and decided I wouldn't ever own another 6 speed.
For now I'll enjoy being the only 19 HD on the road in the vicinity.

20190330_183316.jpg

20190330_183333.jpg

20190330_153411.jpg

20190330_183302.jpg

Last edited:

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Congrats on the new truck.

K-Dawg

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Damn. That thing has more chrome than a '59 El Dorado. Keep the shiny side up!

OP
OP
B

Barncat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Damn. That thing has more chrome than a '59 El Dorado. Keep the shiny side up!
Yeah, I came from a 14 Ram Express "Black Edition" factory debadged etc. So tis is a shift for sure. I live on gravel and decided I'd rather clean the chrome wheels.
Plus it matches my indian

OP
OP
B

Barncat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That's awesome, congratulations! I'm anxiously awaiting all the 8 spd/6.4 hemi reviews. My dealer has one coming in that I might put my name on....
I drove these both back to back, the "seat-o-the-pants dynometer" confirms that the first 3-4 gears are geared lower.
I pull a boat, off road toys,firewood and maybe a travel trailer, so I could never justify the added expense of a CTD. I just broke 100 miles this AM figure I'll start putting it through it's paces later in the week.

Last edited:

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
congrats

Jerry1984

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does the off road package add any height to the truck or just additional skids?
I have one built similar that’s 44 msrp but I don’t want the chrome package and can’t add the off-road package without the chrome package.

OP
OP
B

Barncat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have one built similar that’s 44 msrp but I don’t want the chrome package and can’t add the off-road package without the chrome package.
I read last year on the 1/2 tons it added an inch. I believe the Bilstiens added 2".
It's tall enough that my youngest kids (7 and 10) can't get in without a boost.
I didn't check it against the other 19' they had there, but I have to pull myself in. It's tall.

I feel you on the chrome. I really like the look of the Tradesman PW but I don't need the winch(yet) or all the extras. The side badges are a bit gaudy but I can't see them from the driver seat lol

RainDesert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
FWIW, you can get just the protection group w/o chrome pack. That's what is coming in at my dealer.

OP
OP
B

Barncat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Congrats on the new rig. Just picked mine up last week. Same color and all. I'm not a fan of all the chrome either on mine as my 1500 was all black but its growing on me.

View attachment 161311
Yeah I had the all black Express. Loved the look, but I live on gravel, and the wheels are taking a beating.
My wife's car and my Indian are black, so I figured I'd do black and chrome. IMO nobody does chrome better than Ram.
I just had the windows tinted last night.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Ram75

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Tradesman
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Yeah I had the all black Express. Loved the look, but I live on gravel, and the wheels are taking a beating.
My wife's car and my Indian are black, so I figured I'd do black and chrome. IMO nobody does chrome better than Ram.
I just had the windows tinted last night.

Ram75

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Tradesman
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Just had mine done as well. Going Thursday for a bed liner. I love the truck, way different then driving my 1500 Sport. How do you like it compared to your 1500?

OP
OP
B

Barncat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just had mine done as well. Going Thursday for a bed liner. I love the truck, way different then driving my 1500 Sport. How do you like it compared to your 1500?
Night and day difference. The 1500 is a rocket and great for a DD. I've always had 3/4 tons and regretted buying the 1500. I bought it purely on looks.
It was a great truck, and pulled my boat fine, but off road, it sucked. I couldn't do **** without locking it in.
I need to be able to pull a wood trailer out of fields. I could have lifted the truck etc, but I prefer stock trucks. This truck is a head turner. I can't go anywhere without someone asking about it. Soon they will be the norm, but for now I'll keep on keeping on.

Last edited:

Moparfanatic21

U.S. Marine Vet - 0321, Now a Doctor...of Vehicles
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sweet looking trucks! I personally like the Chrome and am upset you can't get the chrome on the PW. Hopefully you guys enjoy them!