Came here to rub it in lol. 2500 HD, off road/snow chief

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lucy Girl

Military, Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
Congrats on the new truck. I have 3500 miles on mine and I think it's the best truck I've ever owned.

As you the question of height, mine is a Plaines Tradesman without an Off-road package. I think it is as tall as my 2016 PW. It is very tall.
My 2018 tradesman is very plain and very tall also. What’s that about cooler storage.

stanleybadams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks like your a real working boy, great work and tooling around truck! Like your mower too and we like be brothers as I live just south in the next state. Have a barn red 2013 Hemi which I love and on a 8 state western trip over all fuel mpg was right at 17.5 you have to watch the fuel mpg guage to get that! Still is hard to beat old timey 80s Subs with 350 3/4 ton 4wheel drive, I drove all over Tennessee/Ky/WVA/Ohio building and maintaing microwave telephone repeaters and later fiber optic.

OP
OP
B

Barncat

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 2500HD TM/Offroad/snow Chief
Engine
Congrats on the new truck. I've been running Ram 2500's with a CTD since 2003. One thing I have learned in those 16 years is that Ram tends to put crappy tires on these 2500's from the factory. Every 2500 that I bought had terrible grip whether on-road, off-road, wet pavement, dry pavement or snow. My local mechanic pointed me to some flavor of Cooper AT3 truck tires since 2003 and I have not regretted switching over.

My current truck is a 2017 2500 CTD Big Horn with some additions. I made the mistake of going to visit the in-laws in Ohio shortly after getting the new truck, but before replacing the crappy Transforce tires that it came with...........................and I promptly got stuck to the point that 4 WD wouldn't pull me out and I had to have my BIL pull we out with his truck. I immediately got a set of Cooper AT3 XLT's and solved that problem. I now go through the same areas in 2 WD without getting stuck. Even my wet pavement/slick pavement performance is vastly better.

John

lol, funny you mention this. I had to lock into 4x4 driving up a wet (albeit saturated) hill of grass. I figure I'll get the life of the tires out of them and then switch. I like BFG KO2s and the AT3

OP
OP
B

Barncat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looks like your a real working boy, great work and tooling around truck! Like your mower too and we like be brothers as I live just south in the next state. Have a barn red 2013 Hemi which I love and on a 8 state western trip over all fuel mpg was right at 17.5 you have to watch the fuel mpg guage to get that! Still is hard to beat old timey 80s Subs with 350 3/4 ton 4wheel drive, I drove all over Tennessee/Ky/WVA/Ohio building and maintaing microwave telephone repeaters and later fiber optic.
Hell, I haven't recovered from selling my 1998 3/4 ton 454 Suburban. Thing was a tank. That Mower is a Bush Hog MK2561 and it's a beast as well.

dputnam01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Turbo Diesel
Like you, I wanted what I wanted; Tradesman Diesel 4X4 Crew Cab w/ 8-foot bed, 6-Speed Manual, work-grade vinyl with rubber floors...no frills. Ended up doing a factory order. Only thing I might want would be remote door lock.

n1oty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ctd
lol, funny you mention this. I had to lock into 4x4 driving up a wet (albeit saturated) hill of grass. I figure I'll get the life of the tires out of them and then switch. I like BFG KO2s and the AT3

Good luck. I found those Transforce tires to be so pathetic that I ripped them off and put the Cooper's on very quickly. I hated to spend the money so early in the truck's life, but they did not perform well on any surface. It was to the point that I was even concerned about losing control when cornering, and I do not drive fast. In the end, I considered those factory tires to be unsafe.

John

OP
OP
B

Barncat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Like you, I wanted what I wanted; Tradesman Diesel 4X4 Crew Cab w/ 8-foot bed, 6-Speed Manual, work-grade vinyl with rubber floors...no frills. Ended up doing a factory order. Only thing I might want would be remote door lock.
I'd love this truck to have a manual transmission and windows.
I still believe trucks are for work. All that other crap is useless to me. It's nice, but unnecessary.

Last edited:

Elkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
The time to upgrade the tires is when they are nearly new. You should be able to get $100 per tire and put that toward the tires you want on the truck. I have needed to do that with every new pickup and SUV that I have bought.

OP
OP
B

Barncat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The time to upgrade the tires is when they are nearly new. You should be able to get $100 per tire and put that toward the tires you want on the truck. I have needed to do that with every new pickup and SUV that I have bought.
I don't disagree with that at all.
I went round and round with the dealer about these being on/off road tires.