Help Support Ram Forum by donating:

Camper Underglow Lighting

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by OC455, May 13, 2019.

1. OC455

OC455 Senior Member Military

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi Big Horn
    Looks good camping....lol[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Loudram likes this.
  2. spoon059

spoon059 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    6.7 CTD
    I'm not going to lie, I would be super annoyed if you were parked anywhere near me and had lights on like that. I have 3 very small lights, pointed straight down at the ground to provide just enough illumination to walk around safely at night. Lighting up the entire campground would bother me greatly.

3. Loudram

Loudram Senior Member Military

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    They're actually not as bright as they appear and they don't light up the entire campground. Our factory installed led awning lights are brighter so we use them instead of the awning lights. They are dimmable as well. And no they don't stay on all night. We turn them off when we go inside for the night.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
    OC455 likes this.
  4. OC455

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi Big Horn
    Well, doing the winterizing on the camper, I used air to blow out the water supply lines with my compressor. Good way to do it for me. I removed the anode rod to drain the water heater....little back story there.

Anyway the first picture is the new anode rod. The second is the one that I pulled out of the water heater for the camper. It appears it has done its job as far as what it was designed to do.

So, along with RV antifreeze down the drains and getting the new wheel covers to protect the tires from exposure, I think I got it all covered so far. Next go around will be a complete cover.[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Loudram and McBroom like this.
  5. Loudram

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    That definitely did it's job. I'll probably winterize my trailer next week. Always a little bit sad when this time comes. I'm a summer person and I love camping. But April will be here before we know it.

OC455 likes this.
  6. runamuck

runamuck Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    saving that chore for a little later. we usually get in a cpl. november camping trips before it gets too cold to go. maybe a trip to Beavers Bend Ok. and then a 3 day weekend down in the Texas hill country before shutting down.

Loudram and OC455 like this.
  7. Loudram

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Trailers done. At first I just blew out the lines and dumped the pink stuff into the drains. Then I thought about it and decided to run some AF through the lines too. So I was going to get one of those t-valve and hose kits but I wanted to check the fittings on the pump first and I'm glad I did. I have a flojet with quick release fittings so a standard hose kit won't work without extra fittings.

So instead I just bought a quick release fitting with a barbed end and also got some clear 1/2" id hose from Home Depot. I plugged the fitting into the pump intake and just stuck the hose into the jug of AF. Problem solved, no kit needed. The fittings were $6 on Amazon and the hose was $5.

I also pulled the battery and put that on a float charger I bought from Harbor Freight. It's a new trailer with a new Interstate battery and I want it to last.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
    OC455 likes this.
  8. OC455

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi Big Horn
    I still have to pull my battery before much longer. I got my wheel covers on to keep them protected from the elements. I need to get a complete cover for it yet. Haven't found one I liked enough to pull the trigger on one yet.

I bought all the brass parts for my air hose to water hook up. Could have bought one of off Amazon, but I needed to get it done and could wait for delivery. I think it would have been cheaper...LOL.

9. OC455

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi Big Horn
    I still have to pull my battery before much longer. I got my wheel covers on to keep them protected from the elements. I need to get a complete cover for it yet. Haven't found one I liked enough to pull the trigger on one yet.

I bought all the brass parts for my air hose to water hook up. Could have bought one of off Amazon, but I needed to get it done and could wait for delivery. I think it would have been cheaper...LOL.

Loudram likes this.
  10. Loudram

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    I still need to put wheel covers on. I use the Bal deluxe tire chock so I need a double wheel cover. I may just use a tarp for now.

I'm not going to get a cover for this trailer. Had one for my first trailer but never used it.