Camshaft swap, ****Box Edition.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lee Peterson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This just showed up :)

175125034_10159488442323552_588550753682758911_n.jpg

What brand and part number is the fan?

OP
OP
DILLIGAF

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Tip for install

Take the front grill off. This way you can remove the windshield washer reservoir and get to the wiring to get enough length and you don't need to leave the connection dangling.

Im taking the entire front end off when I do my cam swap. Ill install it at the same time.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
you sure got your parts a lot quicker than me. Must be getting close to install.

This covid **** sucks Andrew,lol. I ordered a set of headers and a nitrous kit for the wifes car 6 weeks ago,and they still haven't shown up. Meet night tomorrow if you want to wander out,supposed to be a nice evening before it goes to hell again on Thursday and snows.

T Jones

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Bigger cam than factory, needs it or he’ll be a snail and burn up that 6spd. I’m also not a huge 8spd swap fan. I have a Charger A8 it, love it. Also loved my A6 Ram while it was running, ate a few 8spd Ram’s lunch a week. Just don’t see spending that dough on 6 to 8 swap. Mod on Lyle, can’t wait to see it!
How were you able to eat the lunch of an 8spd Ram with a 6spd Ram? Was it on the run or from a dead stop? I have a 6spd but I think I'd prefer the gearing of an 8spd with my 3:55s.

1SloRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How were you able to eat the lunch of an 8spd Ram with a 6spd Ram? Was it on the run or from a dead stop? I have a 6spd but I think I'd prefer the gearing of an 8spd with my 3:55s.
Dig and roll, I’ve beaten them from both. I’ve driven A8 I didn’t find it to pull the same from the low end, top end it really comes on strong though. My truck isn’t completely stock. Learn where you truck pulls strong and how to launch it, then get out and run some other trucks. You may be surprised how you do. Unless you encounter a new f150 5.0 w/10 spd. They’re cutting low 13’s bone stock.

T Jones

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Dig and roll, I’ve beaten them from both. I’ve driven A8 I didn’t find it to pull the same from the low end, top end it really comes on strong though. My truck isn’t completely stock. Learn where you truck pulls strong and how to launch it, then get out and run some other trucks. You may be surprised how you do. Unless you encounter a new f150 5.0 w/10 spd. They’re cutting low 13’s bone stock.
I've noticed that if I let my RAM roll slightly from a dead stop and then go WOT, it launches pretty good, (a pedal commander should eliminate me having to let it roll a little before jumping into it) ...and when I do tow haul and am doing about 35 mph, and then tromp into it, it'll set me back in my seat. These 5.7s in our RAMs have some decent power.

1SloRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've noticed that if I let my RAM roll slightly from a dead stop and then go WOT, it launches pretty good, (a pedal commander should eliminate me having to let it roll a little before jumping into it) ...and when I do tow haul and am doing about 35 mph, and then tromp into it, it'll set me back in my seat. These 5.7s in our RAMs have some decent power.
**Sorry for thread jacking DILLIGAF**

If you build up your RPM’s at a red light over 1k it starts to pull timing. The best way is to launch from idle. All that goes away though when you upgrade your TC with a larger stall. These trucks run great, better than Chevys 5.3 and 4.8, the 6.2 is a monster though. Add some headers intake and tune to your truck it will wake up. And some decent tires, the stock good for a years SUCK.

T Jones

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
**Sorry for thread jacking DILLIGAF**

If you build up your RPM’s at a red light over 1k it starts to pull timing. The best way is to launch from idle. All that goes away though when you upgrade your TC with a larger stall. These trucks run great, better than Chevys 5.3 and 4.8, the 6.2 is a monster though. Add some headers intake and tune to your truck it will wake up. And some decent tires, the stock good for a years SUCK.
That's what I meant, actually, is that I launch from a slight roll at idle. But yeah, I've been looking at long tubes, intakes, and a TB. But those are down the road for me until I get enough $$$ saved up. A little at a time. That stuff's expensive. Short term, I'm saving right now for a TC. My apologies too for the topic drift. Just wanted to take the opportunity when I saw it to ask a question and to get some info. Thanks for the help.

1SloRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's what I meant, actually, is that I launch from a slight roll at idle. But yeah, I've been looking at long tubes, intakes, and a TB. But those are down the road for me until I get enough $$$ saved up. A little at a time. That stuff's expensive. Short term, I'm saving right now for a TC. My apologies too for the topic drift. Just wanted to take the opportunity when I saw it to ask a question and to get some info. Thanks for the help.
No issues, shoot me a PM if you come up with anything else.

seabrook

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black 2018 Night
Engine
5.7 3.92 anti slip
Holy **** ! Should've got HP Tuners a long time ago.

Never thought it could actually be this easy to tune my truck.

176080522_455383835570290_654281360215449667_n.jpg
did that with my last truck (uprev) did email tunes and they got it dialed in- POS titan running low 13s with just bolt ons

seabrook

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black 2018 Night
Engine
5.7 3.92 anti slip
low 13s stock DANG!!