Can’t clear lost communication with TCM code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moggy66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
Hi all, and thx for letting me join,
I have a 3500, found a few corroded wires on the harness under the front left hand wheel well, but truck is still in limp mode, no gear indication on the dash, and won’t clear the U1010 code , any help would be very appreciated

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Check all the BCM connections, it's under the dash sorta right behind the brake pedal

OP
OP
M

Moggy66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
Check all the BCM connections, it's under the dash sorta right behind the brake pedal
They all look good, also I should mention it is in limp mode, and no gear selection indicated on the dash

OP
OP
M

Moggy66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
I have been on this for a week now , been looking for the power wire to TCM , I have voltage to and thought F57 to pin 86 of ASD relay, but i have no ground at pin 85 , not sure if I am going down the right path though

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Try a PCM reset.

Disconnect your negative battery cable(s) from the battery(s) for at least 30 minutes.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
U0101 Lost Communication with Transmission Control Module (TCM)

Typically the causes for this code to set are:
Open in the CAN bus + circuit
Open in the CAN bus - circuit
Short to power in either CAN bus circuit
Short to ground in either CAN bus circuit
Rarely - faulty control module

If your scan tool can access fault codes and the only one you get from other modules is the U0101, try to talk to the TCM module. If you can access codes from the TCM module, then the U0101 code is either intermittent or a memory code. If unable to talk to the TCM module, then the U0101 code that the other modules are setting is active, and the problem is there now. The most common failure is loss of power or ground.

More trouble shooting guides at

Read more at: https://www.obd-codes.com/u0101
Copyright OBD-Codes.com

OP
OP
M

Moggy66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
Been away all week , back on it today, i am assuming I should have voltage at F22 ECM HD Diesel , I have nothing