Can anyone help explain the overhead console buttons?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RCJeff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L V8
2021 3500. 2nd day of ownership, getting to know, am having a hard time finding out what this overhead button does? (#2) Owners manual says it's the Dome Defeat Button. It's not sinking into my thick skull as to what it actually does. ... Something to do with side mirror illumination ?

Screen Shot 2021-04-23 at 9.04.11 PM.png

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I am only guessing, as i never seen that overhead setup before

I would think that the delete button might be used if you did not want the dome lights to come on when you open the doors.

I don't know of a reason to have to do that, except when you are trying to be sneaky & you have nosy neighbors

Pudge

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Power Wagon 75th
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Isn’t it for keeping the dome lights from turning on if you open the door? Kind of overrides the auto dome light when doors are opened.

OP
OP
RCJeff

RCJeff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L V8
Thanks. I can't disagree with any of you! I wish I had a firmer grasp of the language used by those who write up owners manuals.

OP
OP
RCJeff

RCJeff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L V8
Thanks. I can't disagree with any of you! I wish I had a firmer grasp of the language used by those who write up owners manuals.
Haha! I bet even a small sample would be funny. "Put yer foot on the brake and press that round button thingy by the steering wheel"...

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
What makes the Owners Manual so hard to read, is that the Engineers that wrote it. do not call electronic parts by the same name that 8 out of 10 common users call it.

Take the Ignition Switch, Engineers call it one thing, repair personnel call it by another name & most of us just call it the ignition switch.
Does anyone actually know what the proper name is for the Module that is mounted on the Back Wall of the Cab is, it is mounted right next to the left rear cab vent.

You would be surprised that many people Pro & Non Pro, incorrectly call them by the same name.

Billet Bee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 HOHD
When j got my 20 ram new, i had a hard time comprehending these 2 buttons as well and to be honest i still can't grasp it. Somehow someway I've got it set to my preference and i haven't touched those buttons since. Lol