Can I install some JBA long tubes from an srt8 challenger on a 2013 Dodge ram RT?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigee444

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So it seems that JBA stopped making long tube headers for the dodge ram rt with a 5.7 liter engine. I can however find the JBA long tubes that fit the 392 srt challengers and chargers. WIll these fit and if they do, what kind of modifications are needed? I would be taking these to a muffler shop to install them so they would be welding on mid pipes and exhaust pipe after the headers. I guess the main thing is will the headers bolt right up to the heads and will there be any clearance issues or fitment issues????

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Curious why you would want to attempt this? I got my ARH long tubes from [email protected] for a deal you wouldn't believe. And they were made for my truck.

Do you have a set of Chally long tubes sitting around or something?

I highly doubt they would fit but I can't tell you with 100% confidence.

OP
OP
B

bigee444

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Curious why you would want to attempt this? I got my ARH long tubes from [email protected] for a deal you wouldn't believe. And they were made for my truck.

Do you have a set of Chally long tubes sitting around or something?

I highly doubt they would fit but I can't tell you with 100% confidence.
No I dont have any sitting around but I can get them very easily and they are not super expensive. I happen to like JBA because I have had good luck with them before.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I have JBA longtubes on both the truck and the wifes 1320,physically they'll bolt to the heads,but whether they'll fit the truck i wouldn't know,and i'm not sure you'll find to many guys who would know

OP
OP
B

bigee444

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have JBA longtubes on both the truck and the wifes 1320,physically they'll bolt to the heads,but whether they'll fit the truck i wouldn't know,and i'm not sure you'll find to many guys who would know
What vehicle are your jba meant for though???

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The port sizes and shapes on the SRT 6.4L heads are different than what you find on 5.7L heads. The 5.7L gaskets will either block part of the 6.4L exhaust port or, if you use the 6.4L gaskets, the port differences result in exhaust gases bypassing the ports for an instant exhaust leak.

If you want to go to headers, get some that specifically fit your truck's 5.7L and save yourself a significant hassle.

OP
OP
B

bigee444

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7