Can I please get a favor from someone with a bone stock 1500 4x4 Crew?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matts175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
With 20" wheels.

Can I have your ground to wheel well measurements at all 4 corners? What I'm trying to figure out is that some are saying that the Outdoorsman (which I have) is factory raised 1" from a non Outdoorsman. I have Googled this to death and there are conflicting reports. Why is this important to me? I want to install Bilsteins and I only want to do this once. Don't want to set them at 2.1 and really only get 1.1.

I'll post mine up soon. We are right in the middle of a crazy ice storm right now.

markwoodlief

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
give me a minute.. I have a new left over 2018 1500 BigHorn Crew Short Bed 4x4, stock 20's. I'll go measure now.

Last edited:

markwoodlief

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Drivers Front: 92cm / 36.22 inches
Passenger Front: 93cm / 36.61 inches
Drivers / Passenger Rear: 101cm / 39.76 inches

OP
OP
Matts175

Matts175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you very much. Still freezing rain out. My Mother just called me, she lost power. It's a real mess here right now and I have to go to work soon in this mess. So glad I decided to get a 4x4 this time.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2014 Crew Cab 4x4 with stock 20" wheels and tires measured 36 1/8 front, 39 1/4 rear.

Last edited:

TigreST

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Something/somewhere else to look. Follow the link below and type in your VIN (no dashes...just letters and numbers...letters need to be capitals I think) and you will see the "broadcast sheet" / build sheet info for your truck (I hope). I did this with my 2018 RAM 5.7 Crew Cab/Sport and I read:

"Raised Ride Height"

"Spring-Right Rear"

"Spring-Left Rear"

"Spring-Right Front"

"Spring-Left Front"

Maybe yours will give similar info which may at least indicate that the ride height is factory altered. Here's the VIN decode link:

https://fcacommunity.force.com/RAM/s/equipment-listing

This works (as it states on the link page) for vehicle after 1998.

HTH,

T.

OP
OP
Matts175

Matts175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Something/somewhere else to look. Follow the link below and type in your VIN (no dashes...just letters and numbers...letters need to be capitals I think) and you will see the "broadcast sheet" / build sheet info for your truck (I hope). I did this with my 2018 RAM 5.7 Crew Cab/Sport and I read:

"Raised Ride Height"

"Spring-Right Rear"

"Spring-Left Rear"

"Spring-Right Front"

"Spring-Left Front"

Maybe yours will give similar info which may at least indicate that the ride height is factory altered. Here's the VIN decode link:

HTH,

T.

It does say "raised ride height".

TigreST

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
BTW, living the same ice storm dream as you...just across the bridge from Port Huron MI. It's sucking big time!

swine

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
FWIW, I also have a 2015 Outdoorsman and I set the Bils at 2.8" It perfectly leveled the truck (no rake), but only raised the front 1.75" from stock. And I'll just add that I'm running the stock UCA's with no issues (40K so far) and my shaft angle is fine.

OP
OP
Matts175

Matts175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
FWIW, I also have a 2015 Outdoorsman and I set the Bils at 2.8" It perfectly leveled the truck (no rake), but only raised the front 1.75" from stock. And I'll just add that I'm running the stock UCA's with no issues (40K so far) and my shaft angle is fine.

Good info. Thanks!

Still can't get my measurements. We are just getting pounded with bad weather. Actually, just got in from plowing (with my Can Am 4 wheeler) ....again.

TigreST

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bit more info (photo) to share. Back in the summer...you remember summer doncha?...it's like today only that white stuff is gone. Anyway, I was trying to decide on a wheel and tire package. I had it narrowed to the Hellcat style replica's but was not sure on tire sizing. As I had a set of OEM SRT-10 22x 10 brushed alum.'s I did the change out and measured wheel well opening differences. Attached you will see my attempt to measure and record the stock OEM 20x9.5 Sport wheels and the stock Goodyear SA-R tires wheel well clearance on the front end. Sorry, no pic's of the rear end.

T.

Stockwheel1.jpg

Stockwheel2.jpg

Stockwheel3.jpg

Stockwheel4.jpg

Neumie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 8a

"Raised Ride Height"

"Spring-Right Rear"

"Spring-Left Rear"

"Spring-Right Front"

"Spring-Left Front"

HTH,

T.
My Bighorn said that.

OP
OP
Matts175

Matts175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok. Finally some 40 degree weather.

I guess the Outdoorsman is a smidge higher, but nothing significant.

36 and 3/4" driver's side.
37 exactly passenger's side (I wonder why it's higher?)
39 and 3/4" both rears.

So, it looks like Bilsteins set at 2.8 would put me just about level. If not, I'll throw a 1" in the rear. :)