Can I post a frame off restoration here?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

reek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 CC 4x4, 72 D100, 73 D100, 01 RAM 2500 field truck
Engine
6.4 Hemi
did you get the one for magnum manifold or did you order one for LA manifolds. the ones that hook to a LA manifold are usually pretty wimpy and use smaller pipe from the split to the manifold. the magnum ones seem to run larger pipe from the manifold to the split.

I originally ordered the LA y pipe it was so bad I returned it. the pipe size wasn't bad, it was the bends that really choked down. the second one ordered I believe was the one you mentioned. better but still too constricted. I kept it just in case. If I end up needing to use it, I may cut out the bends and weld in some mandrel bent sections.

OP
OP
R

reek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Studying the angles of the y pipe I'm hoping that it don't hang to low.
It is truly looking amazing. Been following your build since the 1st post. Keep up the good work!

Blue Mule

thanks. hoping to have the yellow 318 truck on the road by summer. The grey 360 may take longer.

I think the exhaust looks low due to the angle of the photos. the piping is just lower than the trans pan - enough to clear the bellhousing on the cross over. comparing this to the OEM pipe it is still tucked up tighter.

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
thanks. hoping to have the yellow 318 truck on the road by summer. The grey 360 may take longer.

I think the exhaust looks low due to the angle of the photos. the piping is just lower than the trans pan - enough to clear the bellhousing on the cross over. comparing this to the OEM pipe it is still tucked up tighter.
I didn't consider the photo angle while I was typing. My bad. I can't wait to see it ready to go for a ride.

Blue Mule

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
As home projects go yours seems to be moving along nicely. Lots of guys spend decades trying to get their projects on the road. Looking good.

OP
OP
R

reek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
As home projects go yours seems to be moving along nicely. Lots of guys spend decades trying to get their projects on the road. Looking good.

really helps where there's no reproduction parts. I just pull it off a parts truck, clean it up and put it on the project truck. By comparison, the Chevelle is about 7 + years in the making. Can't afford the parts.

Oh, and it also helps the wife works on Saturday and sundays, leaving me up to my own vices.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
really helps where there's no reproduction parts. I just pull it off a parts truck, clean it up and put it on the project truck. By comparison, the Chevelle is about 7 + years in the making. Can't afford the parts.

Oh, and it also helps the wife works on Saturday and sundays, leaving me up to my own vices.
Well that's a lot better than you're always in trouble and need something to do while you're hiding in the shop.

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
it is probably nice when you live somewhere that you can actually work on stuff like that all year round. winter around here definitely brings most projects to a complete halt unless you got a nice heated shop which i don't. only do stuff on the warmer days so never get a ton done. cars definitely be expensive to build. i know i see parts prices for interior parts on some cars are just ridiculous. i know my dad has found a dart he wants. luckily it looks to be complete. usually cheaper to find a complete car and customize than it is build one.

OP
OP
R

reek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
it's been a while and I've done a poor job of photographing my progress lately. partly due to weird work hours since the march shut down. Alot of times, meant I was killing time in my shop working on the truck at midnight, 1 am, 2 am, etc. not ideal photo op times. Wife wasn't really too upset with me tuning the ****** EFI in the middle of the night. only woke her up once or twice....

not the greatest pics but had to take them to send into Hagerty insurance to get coverage so figured, I'd post them here too. will be doing first formal road test as soon as it's registered and insured. As well, waiting on new wheels and tires, the current ones on there are probably 10 years old. Had access to the Vector VN47 "Dukes of hazzard" wheels so that's whats going on the truck. not necessarily my favorites but free new rims are free new rims.

d1004.jpg d1006.jpg d1002.jpg d1001.jpg d1003b.jpg

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
Looks like it's coming together nicely, been lurking all along... :popcorn:

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Looking real good. I just went thorough the whole thread, Awseome

OP
OP
R

reek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
looks good. nothing too wrong with 10 year old tire as long as they don't spend too many years out in direct sunlight.

unfortunately, mostly out doors. truck sat in my field for years before I got to it. that and a dented rim = new set up.

OP
OP
R

reek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
And how long till it's for sale?
Asking for a friend...

ha! truck was originally going to my father. Unfortunately, he was in a car accident and had to have emergency back surgery. He probably won't be able to get in and sit in the truck without major issues. So the wife has now laid claim to the truck. let your "friend" know that she's a tough negotiator