Can I track my truck build with a VIN or VON?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mega-Hemi

US AIR FORCE '08-'18
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins

Chris Karczmit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
My Limited is finally in KZT status with an estimated dealer delivery date of 2/6 - 2/20. I hope you guys have your new trucks or will have them soon.

Chris

Deshantai

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
If you know someone who works in an FCA plant they can see what stage of progress your vehicle is in. Meaning rather in body, paint or assembly they’ll know also why it’s still there. I know this because I work at a plant in paint process, their are to many reasons to list why a vehicle can be delayed. A dealer nor ramcares will have this info they only get an estimated time of when it’ll leave. Usually sold vehicles get top priority employees know by the vin what’s already sold the computer shows this soon as it’s scanned in each work station. Hope this info was helpful.

MartyZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 5.7l Hemi
I understand production of the 3500s has moved to Warren, MI and I thought the 2500s were moving there for 2020 production as well. I'm hopeful that my 3500 will be trucked from MI to WI and not sit on a train for weeks...

All Heavy Duties are made in Mexico. Only the RAM Classic is made at Warren.

Steve Karolek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 HO
@MartyZ I understand that now. I was previously shaping my thought process on at least a dozen news releases and articles which said that production of the 3500 would be moving to Warren with production there to begin in 2020. I now understand that hasn't happened yet, may happen later this year, may slip into next year or may not happen at all.

Joe Genovese

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have been waiting now 10 weeks since the date of order and no truck. Im told by the dealer it is on Staten Island NY awaiting shipment to the dealer. No idea how long it i has been there. Ram customer care live chat has no estimated date of arrival for me. WTF takes so long to ship a vehicle? I bet it is a week to build and 9 to ship.

OP
OP
Papa Red

Papa Red

Papa Red
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
My truck was ordered 12/28. It was built on 1/24 then shipped. I am told it should be here this week. It's on a train headed to the Winston Salem automobile rail yard then trucked to my dealer. Not sure what you ordered, but mine is a 2500 so it's coming in from Mexico. Your's will come it's just taking longer than it should.

Red

Steve Karolek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 HO
@Joe Genovese near as I can tell, build takes about a day assuming everything is sequenced correctly. Pretty amazing. Maybe someone who works in one of the plants can clarify...

OP
OP
Papa Red

Papa Red

Papa Red
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Someone had a post somewhere on this site that it takes about 3 1/2 hours start to finish. Not sure what post it was in.

Red

MartyZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 5.7l Hemi
I have been waiting now 10 weeks since the date of order and no truck. Im told by the dealer it is on Staten Island NY awaiting shipment to the dealer. No idea how long it i has been there. Ram customer care live chat has no estimated date of arrival for me. WTF takes so long to ship a vehicle? I bet it is a week to build and 9 to ship.

The actual assembly process takes about 1-2 days with no problems. it then gets certified and sits in a yard at the plant awaiting a train, the train then waits until it is full of trucks going to a specific location, then the train ships and gets to its destination, the trucks are pulled off into a lot and await a truck to be loaded to. The truck then waits untill it has a full trailer before it leaves. Then the trucks arrive and have to be cleaned and certified again. then they go to the dealer / marshalling center for you to pick up. So youre not wrong in your thought on the timeline. It depends on everything going well in production (No problems / Recalls) and shipping as well as enough orders to fill the train / truck so it starts moving faster. sorry about the wait man, it sucks but you will get it.

MartyZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 5.7l Hemi
Someone had a post somewhere on this site that it takes about 3 1/2 hours start to finish. Not sure what post it was in.

Red

That is correct. (Not including the prebuild from the body shops and paint.) I work in general assembly and we usually get a truck in and out in about 3 1/2 hours.

Steve Karolek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 HO
My truck was ordered 12/28. It was built on 1/24 then shipped. I am told it should be here this week. It's on a train headed to the Winston Salem automobile rail yard then trucked to my dealer. Not sure what you ordered, but mine is a 2500 so it's coming in from Mexico. Your's will come it's just taking longer than it should.

Red

So, you're not hung up by the 68RFE transmission issue?

Steve Karolek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 HO
My order date: 1/17/2020 (Friday)
My build date: 2/12/2020 (Wednesday)
My delivery window: 2/26-2/29/2020

Talking to the dealer about train progress, it sounds like they're thinking closer to the 26th but hedging to the 29th. Got my financing set up. Getting insurance quotes. Ready to order my FCA MaxCare extended warranty.

Narg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
I got a delivery window between 2/20/2020 and 3/5/2020, kind of a big window.

OP
OP
Papa Red

Papa Red

Papa Red
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
So, you're not hung up by the 68RFE transmission issue?

No I am not. I ordered the 6.4 Hemi and that comes with the 8 speed. My truck came in last night to the dealer and I picked it up this afternoon. I love this truck! I'll post some pics tomorrow. I'm happy with all my selections so far.

Red

Steve Karolek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 HO
No I am not. I ordered the 6.4 Hemi and that comes with the 8 speed. My truck came in last night to the dealer and I picked it up this afternoon. I love this truck! I'll post some pics tomorrow. I'm happy with all my selections so far.

Red
Awesome, congratulations!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Hi Joe, We currently do not have a live tracker for new ordered vehicles. Feel free to send us a private message with your VIN for updates on your vehicle order. However if you wish to check the status on your own, you can also use the link below to chat with a customer services representative and ask about the current status again. Please scroll down to the blue bubble that has "Chat Now" written underneath.
https://www.mopar.com/en-us/contact-us.html
Rob
RamCares