Can the Cruise Control be turn on automatically with Alfa OBD?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

No Tyme

Reaction score
Ram Year
One thing I would like to do if possible is have the cruise control "automatically" turned on every time I start the truck, if possible. Coming from GM trucks I find the extra step needed to turn it on is just annoying and it does take my eyes off the road for a moment.
Has anyone accomplished this?

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
One thing I would like to do if possible is have the cruise control "automatically" turned on every time I start the truck, if possible. Coming from GM trucks I find the extra step needed to turn it on is just annoying and it does take my eyes off the road for a moment.

Sorry, but no. Alpha can only alter settings that are present in the BCM and there is no such setting to turn on.

-K

OP
OP
No Tyme

No Tyme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Thanks KAD for the swift response. Looks like I will just keep on trying to learn the button locations then. Even after a year and a half I still haven't got use to those 6 buttons.

KeepRight

ExFalconFxr
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
One thing I would like to do, if possible is have the cruise control "automatically" turned on every time I start the truck, if possible. Coming from GM trucks I find the extra step needed to turn it on is just annoying and it does take my eyes off the road for a moment.
One thing I would like to do, if possible, is to have the cruise control "automatically" turned on every time I start the truck, if possible. Coming from GM trucks, I find the extra step needed to turn it on is just annoying, and it does take my eyes off the road for a moment.
Omg - I thought I was the only one who thinks the cruise on/off button was a wasted effort. I know to those many other people we might seem petty.

I've been asking/wanting my Ram cruise 'turned on' (but not set it engaged) all the time. It's too bad Ram didn't consider that.
Oh well...