Can the PW share the garage with a TRX??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Odin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I love the power and the off road capabilities my truck has, but Dang, the 2021 TRX is so sweet. And power! Oh yeah lots of it. 702HP!! It has me thinking a new truck is in my near future.

https://apple.news/AGnzcyHsjQAWoLCCVOZH_hg

https://www.caranddriver.com/ram/1500-trx
If you're asking whether you can own both, I'd say go for it. But I won't trade my PW in for a TRX, no matter how sexy it is. I've heard rumors (unconfirmed) they've been talking about reworking the 6.4 in the PW to have more power to rival the Hellcat engine and still keep all the goodness necessary to have the Power Wagon name. If that happens then I might look into trading up and it better happen for the 2022 yr cause I'm looking at a re-gear to 5.13s soon if I don't hear otherwise.

The Raptor is a glorified dune runner. It can't hang with the PW on serious off roading and I doubt the TRX could do the same since it's aimed at taking down the Raptor. But the TRX is still impressive as hell.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Trailmaker

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
If you're asking whether you can own both, I'd say go for it. But I won't trade my PW in for a TRX, no matter how sexy it is. I've heard rumors (unconfirmed) they've been talking about reworking the 6.4 in the PW to have more power to rival the Hellcat engine and still keep all the goodness necessary to have the Power Wagon name. If that happens then I might look into trading up and it better happen for the 2022 yr cause I'm looking at a re-gear to 5.13s soon if I don't hear otherwise.

The Raptor is a glorified dune runner. It can't hang with the PW on serious off roading and I doubt the TRX could do the same since it's aimed at taking down the Raptor. But the TRX is still impressive as hell.

I came from a Raptor to the PW because I wanted the 2500 platform and a few rock crawling goodies right out of the box, but on the flip side I do miss the sand dunes... it would be nice to have both.

I watched 26 minute and really enjoyed the interior bells and whistles too!

Odin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I came from a Raptor to the PW because I wanted the 2500 platform and a few rock crawling goodies right out of the box, but on the flip side I do miss the sand dunes... it would be nice to have both.

I watched 26 minute and really enjoyed the interior bells and whistles too!
If they made a version of the PW to rival the Hellcat, I wouldn't be too worried about the weight. Yeah, the speed of the Raptor and TRX would be nice. But could you image what that would feel like in a 2500 platform? Sure, you wouldn't beat either the Raptor or TRX, but you'd pull on a lot of other vehicles and get that "Wtf" look like "did that just happen"? Lol.

Salty Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That thing is going to draw a LOT of stares from whomever cruises that thing down the road. It's a wicked nice truck but the dealer markup is going to be ridiculous, I'd personally love to have one parked next to my '16 1500 Sport.

donivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Personally I don't think I could justify two trucks. I would rather have one truck and one sports car for when I want to go fast....which is my longer term plan. If it's down to one vehicle that TRX would be hard to beat...offroad capable, fast and a pickup bed. Man, you got me thinking now! I like high HP cars...previously had 550+ in a CTS-V and my wife's current SUV has 550 but 702 hp would be awesome!

48PowerWagon

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
hmm 1 TRX for me and 1 Durango SRT for the Wife, yup that'll do er... now, let's see where I put those winning lotto numbers?.......

Meister

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
For the price im going to pass. I was really interested but you can buy 1.5 power wagons for the same price. I was excited but im actually disappointed. Wont meet my needs for towing, wanted to see 37s stock not the 35s the raptor comes with. For the price tag ill just keep my PW, if they can bring the price to a PW id look, but it still wouldn't fit my needs

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
It's definitely a "niche" vehicle for sure. I don't see it replacing a PW by any means, it seems purely a "bragging rights" truck to me and wouldn't be surprised if it is short lived. With a base MSRP ~$20K more then a Raptor I don't see it hurting Raptor sales all that much either.

OP
OP
Trailmaker

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
Personally I don't think I could justify two trucks. I would rather have one truck and one sports car for when I want to go fast....which is my longer term plan. If it's down to one vehicle that TRX would be hard to beat...offroad capable, fast and a pickup bed. Man, you got me thinking now! I like high HP cars...previously had 550+ in a CTS-V and my wife's current SUV has 550 but 702 hp would be awesome!

It takes me down memory lane from when I had the 6.2L Raptor in 2013... the TRX has the same 0-60 time as my 16 year old dream car a 1998 Corvette!!!
It is like having a sports car. And a truck and a Dune buggy and a Cadillac!

899B5439-020D-40AA-A0B2-735FB79EB1BE.jpeg

C8E4024C-CEC1-4711-AAF5-3EE1810B405E.jpeg

Fatbob Frank

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
I like everything about the TRX except the $80K+ it would run me.
I'd love one if they omitted the supercharged 6.2 and let me put a Power Wagon's 6.4 in there and knock about 15K off the price...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Trailmaker

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
I like everything about the TRX except the $80K+ it would run me.
I'd love one if they omitted the supercharged 6.2 and let me put a Power Wagon's 6.4 in there and knock about 15K off the price...
Msrp is starting at 72k. Do you think it will run 10k higher? It is not unheard of but it normally doesn’t last but 6-10 months of supply is strong.

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
Msrp is starting at 72k. Do you think it will run 10k higher? It is not unheard of but it normally doesn’t last but 6-10 months of supply is strong.
Absolutely, with three trim levels... You know how they roll.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins

$72K is the "base" price. Completely optioned out I think it's pushing almost $100k. Most will fall somewhere in between that I would think.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joeyoliver45