Can the PW share the garage with a TRX??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fatbob Frank

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
I doubt you'll see many of them for under $77K.
Plus the usual price incentives will NOT apply to the TRX so you'll be paying full retail for a while.
I went in to buy a Rebel in Nov. 2019 and came out with a Laramie Sport that was $3500 higher sticker price but with nearly $9k off in incentives and only $1000 off a Rebel.

OP
OP
Trailmaker

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
$72K is the "base" price. Completely optioned out I think it's pushing almost $100k. Most will fall somewhere in between that I would think.

But the base price has many things standard that make it well equipped still. (I understand) 75k will probably be my max on a TRX. Dropping 67k on my Wagon was tough. And now 14 months later it’s worth 45k??
All those horses and still in the same towing situation I’m in with the PW.

BigLazer4u

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
But the base price has many things standard that make it well equipped still. (I understand) 75k will probably be my max on a TRX. Dropping 67k on my Wagon was tough. And now 14 months later it’s worth 45k??
All those horses and still in the same towing situation I’m in with the PW.

Yea I’m keeping the PW lol

jester139

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 20 PW, and would consider, but not with the markup. I configured one and it came out to 83k, but the Denver dealers are adding 25k dealer markup to all TRX's which is something I'm not ever paying (even if I had lottery money).

Lucy Girl

Military, Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6

Michael Seitter

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I love the power and the off road capabilities my truck has, but Dang, the 2021 TRX is so sweet. And power! Oh yeah lots of it. 702HP!! It has me thinking a new truck is in my near future.

https://apple.news/AGnzcyHsjQAWoLCCVOZH_hg

https://www.caranddriver.com/ram/1500-trx

I watched a 26 minutes run on youtube for the 2021 TRX. Then I priced them. $70k to start with the plain jane. The limited edition, which is very impressive inside and out priced at a little over $100k before all the fees. I paid less 149K for my first 3 (NEW) homes.
Could barely open my pockets for the 2020 Ram Laramine I recently bought. Prices are ridicuolus on all thrucks these days.

Gamedog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
392 c.i.
Was originally going to hold off for the TRX but figured I already have other toys that will better fit the "speed" bill that have cost me wayyyy less than $90K.

The PW checked off all the boxes I was looking for in my next truck, which is why I pulled the trigger on it.

OP
OP
Trailmaker

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
I watched a 26 minutes run on youtube for the 2021 TRX. Then I priced them. $70k to start with the plain jane. The limited edition, which is very impressive inside and out priced at a little over $100k before all the fees. I paid less 149K for my first 3 (NEW) homes.
Could barely open my pockets for the 2020 Ram Laramine I recently bought. Prices are ridicuolus on all thrucks these days.
Someone is making money, that is for sure!

yourfloormat

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 TRX4
Engine
If you're asking whether you can own both, I'd say go for it. But I won't trade my PW in for a TRX, no matter how sexy it is. I've heard rumors (unconfirmed) they've been talking about reworking the 6.4 in the PW to have more power to rival the Hellcat engine and still keep all the goodness necessary to have the Power Wagon name. If that happens then I might look into trading up and it better happen for the 2022 yr cause I'm looking at a re-gear to 5.13s soon if I don't hear otherwise.

The Raptor is a glorified dune runner. It can't hang with the PW on serious off roading and I doubt the TRX could do the same since it's aimed at taking down the Raptor. But the TRX is still impressive as hell.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
I dont agree. Yes, the Raptor is a glorified dune runner and that is all its good at. It sucks at off roading and its terrible on the road. Ram has always been better than that. The TRX is going to be more powerful than the Raptor which will kill that success and its 100% more geared to off road capabilities yet still have the necessary suspension systems to allow dune running.So all in all with more power and more capabilities it will be far more desired than the Raptor. Secondly, you can't really compare either to a PW. A PW is totally geared towards one thing and that is off roading. Also, its only based on a 2500 while the the TRX and the Raptor are both based on a 1500. I currently own a old TRX and can tell you its night and day different than a stock Ram from that era and I love it. So I totally think the new TRX will be heads and tails above again.

Odin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I dont agree. Yes, the Raptor is a glorified dune runner and that is all its good at. It sucks at off roading and its terrible on the road. Ram has always been better than that. The TRX is going to be more powerful than the Raptor which will kill that success and its 100% more geared to off road capabilities yet still have the necessary suspension systems to allow dune running.So all in all with more power and more capabilities it will be far more desired than the Raptor. Secondly, you can't really compare either to a PW. A PW is totally geared towards one thing and that is off roading. Also, its only based on a 2500 while the the TRX and the Raptor are both based on a 1500. I currently own a old TRX and can tell you its night and day different than a stock Ram from that era and I love it. So I totally think the new TRX will be heads and tails above again.

But... You did agree with me. Lol. In a round about way. This is the PW section of the forum. So any vehicle brought into this discussion group automatically goes up against the PW. You even said the PW is geared towards one thing; off roading. So when the TRX is brought into this discussion group it goes up against the PW for off roading. It won't hang with the PW.

I'm not saying the TRX won't be impressive as hell. I've seen the video and read the specs. It'll destroy the Raptor hands down. It'll do better than the Raptor off roading but won't be heads and tails above the PW.

OP
OP
Trailmaker

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
But... You did agree with me. Lol. In a round about way. This is the PW section of the forum. So any vehicle brought into this discussion group automatically goes up against the PW. You even said the PW is geared towards one thing; off roading. So when the TRX is brought into this discussion group it goes up against the PW for off roading. It won't hang with the PW.

I'm not saying the TRX won't be impressive as hell. I've seen the video and read the specs. It'll destroy the Raptor hands down. It'll do better than the Raptor off roading but won't be heads and tails above the PW.

I agree two different trucks that come with All-terrain tires. Different enough that I could see me having both. I am getting close to my mid life crisis era so we shall see!! Haha.

yourfloormat

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 TRX4
Engine

Ok I see what your saying and didn't realize there was a actual PW section. However, I still think its a hard comparison since you comparing apples to oranges so to speak. To date the PW is the best 2500 based truck for off roading even when stock. So nothing really ever compares to the PW. However its always a stretch comparing any 1500 based model with a 2500 based model.

B Mitty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Power Wagon 75th
Engine
6.4L
My plan for my PW is to SC it whenever pro charger makes it. 2018’s seem to handle boost well as long as your reasonable. Sure it’s no 702 HP machine, but 550 hp in a PW? I choose this all day over a TRX.

Fatbob Frank

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
My 4x4 is primarily my winter driver and , while the TRX looks awesome and definitely has bragging rights on the dyno , I know all that extra power would have me in a ditch in short order.
I ended up ordering a P.W.
One thing's for sure- they can really claw through snow...

Mazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I think the secret here is not to try to be the first person on the block with a TRX. Once the initial hype comes down so will the price and incentives will appear. Might take 6 months, heck, if it is popular enough could be longer. I figure I have 2 years more of payments on my '18 PW.....I can wait. Dealer is already on me about getting one of the first being delivered. I don't think they've mentioned ANY options but they did mention WELL over $80k pushing $100k for any and all of the first models they get. I expect markups to be exceedingly high in the first few months these trucks make their appearance at the dealerships.

Jesse Lackman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
They were sold out in three hours. I talked to out dealer about it when we picked up our PW a couple weeks ago, he said there was a guy at the dealership the moment they could order and they didn't get one. Have to wait for the 2022s.

TerrysWagon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
The special Limited Editions were sold out in 3 hours. You could still place an order for a regular one. I had an order in and deposit down. However production was a snails pace. They kept pushing back and pushing back due to issues. I tried chatting with FCA and it was like talking to a politician; I asked a question and they danced around the answer. Finally,I got fed up and cancelled my order and started looking for my current Power Wagon. I’m happy as ****.

Jesse Lackman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
I didn't know that, from what I read I thought there were going to be 702 total for 2021.