Can these marks on the 8.4 screen be polished out?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
I just received a uaq from a car-part.com vendor. Screen looked like about half of the factory screen protector was worn off. I used rubbing compound to remove the rest. Now just glass. f97f3c73b49df47d4dc820fd80090b45.jpg
Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Mine went from the way it looked when I first got it from the dealer to exactly the way it looks in this picture within seconds!!!!

I was washing and detailing my truck and as always I use an alcohol and water solution (20/80) just like I have all the time since I first got it and I sprayed the microfiber towel, wiped it and then came back a few minutes later and it was exactly like it looks in that picture ...

I came to this thread to see what everyone was doing and this is what I did ...

When I tinted my headlights and tailights, I used VVivid vinyl, dark smoke on the tail lights and light smoke on the headlights ...well I had a lot of the light smoke left and I used that to put over the screen as a screen protector and it worked perfectly ... I actually like the way the screen now looks ..

It not only made the screen a bit more vibrant but it also masked the blotches .....

You can get a roll of the light smoke from amazon for $20 and re-use it over and over in case it starts to get faded, marked up or stained ...

I rather go this route than spend $20+ on a very thin screen protector ... and adding it to the screen was simple ... I layed it first then I used a razor to cut it to size once it was on and it tucked nicely behind the bezel ... Yes I did take the bezel off and it looks like a shiny new screen ...