Can you add Proximity Keyless Entry Door Handles?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jamphotostudio

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Can you add Proximity Keyless Entry Door Handles? The dealers website said it was standard equipment on my 2020 1500 Night Edition, but after getting home I found out it wasn't equipped with the after all? I know sometimes manufacturers will use the same harness in all vehicles of the same type and only plug in option for that specific build. Is it possible that I could add those handles, or is there no way to make that work?

Thanks,
Jeff

Damion

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Theres more to the system than just the door handles, a basic parts list that would have to be added / changed is:

Door handles
RF module behind the rear seat
New key fobs
4 RF antennas ( 2 in front running along the a pillars and 2 in the back above the doors )
Wire harness to support said Modules / antennas.
I would imagine having the sales code added as well

If you look in the 4th gen section if I remember right, a guy either added it to his truck or seriously looked into adding it, it was quite an extensive process

Ibsledge

Military
Reaction score
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The guy in Laredo supplies you with everything and it works like factory.I added it to my GEN 4 /2013 1500 from him. Best mod I ever did

brian42

Military
Reaction score
Challenging DIY install or not bad?
Depends on your patience and skill/knowledge level.

I can't post a link to another forum but there's a great write-up on 5thgenrams and the thread is called "Adding Passive Entry: How-To" and walks you through the process so you can decide for yourself if it's something you think you can tackle.