Can you identify this wire?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wegsleepregeling

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v8 petrol
Second post. I got me a beater 99 2500 Laramie (petrol, not Cummins, with lots of 98 2500 body parts on it, ha!)

This truck is wonderfully ugly and a mutant, salvage title, the whole deal. The various POs did all manner of unspeakable things to it. I keep finding various disconnected parts etc etc you probably saw my last post already.

I found this set of wires behind the hood hinge point on the drivers side. comes from the bay somewhere, and has an inline plug and a plug on the end. It doesn't seem like a spare. The truck had some big accident - i'm still finding glass everywhere - and numerous front end body panels were replaced, including the drivers door and fender. I'm thinking this should be underneath stuff that was removed for that replacement project, and never put back. You can see in the photos that it's long enough to, if routed in the right place, reach pretty much to the battery. What the heck is it?

It's something I could sort out by searching youtube, but I don't know what to call it to search.IMG_9351.JPGIMG_9352.JPGIMG_9353.JPGIMG_9354.JPG

There's also a pretty big (but not matching, or course) plug in front of and under the battery, near the cruise controller, which isn't plugged in. Maybe it's a spare?

Thanks in advance, folks.