Canada Recall waterpump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sb2bb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've got a friend in Canada and he just received a recall notice for his 3500. All Diesels, 1500-4500 may experience a water pump failure and engine compartment fire. No fix as of yet. Years affected 2013-2017. Guess what...my 2012 2500 just had the water pump go out a couple days ago and is still in the shop being repaired. I think this recall will hit the US soon as well. I thought I smelled something funny the other day while I did a 50 mile run. Like burning rubber. Parked it and went to use it the next day and the belt shredded and came off and the pump started leaking. Heads up for everyone !!!! Cheers

OP
OP
S

sb2bb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Here's the recall notice

SAFETY RECALL T51 DIESEL WATER PUMP
Dear Vehicle Owner:
This Interim notice is sent to you in accordance with the Canada Motor Vehicle Safety Act. FCA has decided that a defect, which relates to motor vehicle safety, exists in certain 2013 through 20'17 model year RAM 2500 Pickup, RAM 3500 Pickup, RAM 3500 Cab Chassis, RAM 4500/5500 Cab Chassis and 1O'lA-ZOll RAM 3500 10K tb. Cab Chassis vehicles equipped with a 6.71 16 Cummins Turbo Diesel Engine.
The problem is : The water pump on your truck may experience a failure resulting in an engine compartment fire, increasing the risk of injury to the vehicle occupants or persons outside the vehicle.
What your dealer The remedy for this condition is not currently available. We are making every effort to witt do : finalize a remedy and obtain parts as quickly as possible, and will service your vehicle free of charge (parts and labour).
What you must do FCA will contact you again, by mail, with a follow-up recall notice when the remedy and/or to eniure your parts are available. Once you receive your follow-up notice, contact an authorized FCA safety; Canada dealer to schedule a service appointment.
If you need help : For information on this recall or any other recall affecting your vehicle, visit the website below and input your vehicle's seventeen-digit vehicle identification number (VlN). English : recalls.mooar.ca French : rappels.mooar.ca
For additional assistance or information, please contact FCA Canada Customer Care Centre: By Phone: 1-800-465-2001 (English) or 1-800:387-9983 (French), By Email: www.fcacanada.calenlcontact-us.php (English) or www.fcacan ada.calf r I contact-us, ph p ( French ), By Mail: FCA Canada Customer Care Centre, P.O. Box 1621, Windsor, Ontario, NgA4H6.
lf your name and address indicated above are incorrec{ or if you no longer own the vehicle, please contact the Customer Name & Address Call Centre at 1-800-373-1474 to update your information.
We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your attention to this important matter.
Yours very truly,
FCA Canada Inc. National Service and Parts Manager

OP
OP
S

sb2bb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This recall is already in the US

stevenP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 2500 Longhorn
Engine
6.7L Cummins
After 14 recalls, its kind of a blur. But I do remember that one, due to the fact they said it could cause a fire! They replaced mine on the recall, and the engine compartment still smells like antifreeze, after 10 months.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
After 14 recalls, its kind of a blur. But I do remember that one, due to the fact they said it could cause a fire! They replaced mine on the recall, and the engine compartment still smells like antifreeze, after 10 months.

I regret to hear this, Steven. To clarify, have you visited the dealer recently for the odor? If not, we do recommend scheduling one at your earliest convenience. If you'd like assistance, please send us a private message.

Kate
RamCares

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel