Canadian build options- so confusing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

killborn

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Looking at a 2022
Engine
Hello folks, I’m hoping to get some clarity on options. As per my earlier post, I agreed to order a 3500 Longhorn on Friday and will be paying deposit with the order officially being submitted by the dealer. I’ve had a few builds in the Canadian Ram site and woke up to an email on Saturday alerting me that the Laramie build I had saved dropped MSRP by $4000.

Given the already significant difference between the base price of the Laramie vs Longhorn it’s had me thinking about my order. I absolutely love the Longhorn trim, so this is a tough one for me.

My issue is, when trying to replicate the build options on the Laramie, Ram appear to have removed some options. The biggest being that the Laramie no longer has a Towing Technology group or surround cameras (360). I find that strange since the Laramie is probably one of the more popular options. I also don’t have an option for the Night Edition on any trim packages. I really like the Towing Technology group, is there another way to go about this?
How do I go about trying to replicate the build as close as possible to the Longhorn to really compare price?

I look forward to your input.

OP
OP
K

killborn

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Looking at a 2022
Engine
Dealer put in a call to Chrysler and it appears that the Tow tech package is now on hold for the Laramie, but still an option for the Longhorn and Limited.

LumberJakl

Reaction score
Ram Year
'17 Sport QC
Engine
5.7L 4x4
Unfortunately with the global chip shortage, I remember reading a article a while ago that FIAT/RAM will limit these high end features to the higher trims because they cannot obtain all the parts for all trim levels