Canadian people. Don’t buy a TORQ especially on amazon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Hey guys.

My sister got me a TORQ 10FX on Amazon’s a gift. I did my tonneau cover and my nieces headlights. It started acting up.

Contacted amazon they tell me I’m outside the 30 days so SOL

Contact TORQ. They tell me chemical guys deals with warranty work.

Contact chemical guys Canada. They say to speak with TORQ.

TORQ tells me only chemical guys in the US deal with warranty work.

Contact chemical guys. They say they only ship to American addresses.

So, if you’re a Canadian stay away from this brand. 1) it’s junk 2) you’re SOL if anything happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Sorry brother not much is more frustrating than companies playing the blame game. It ****** you off and they are so easy to pass the blame on their own product.

OP
OP
Addicted2fishing

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Sorry brother not much is more frustrating than companies playing the blame game. It ****** you off and they are so easy to pass the blame on their own product.

Yup. But pretty much all have lost my business.

Amazon apparently is a **** company to work for. I’m sure it’s not all bad but with my experience with a higher priced item has turned me right off. I’ll buy local more now. And if I do use amazon it’ll be small cheap stuff.

Chemical guys will never see another dime of my money. I was a huge advocate of them but now they can suck it.

TORQ products are garbage. My two foam cannons are garbage and the only way to get thick foam like they always show off is to use half a gallon is soap or $12 worth lol.

I’m sure a lot of people have zero issues but my experience pissed me off so much it changed where I’ll spend my money. I’m sure it means nothing to them but I spend a decent amount on car cleaning crap. Zero of it goes to any of these companies.

And I’ll make sure to tell everyone of my experience and that will probably affect them more [emoji12]

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7

Amazon apparently is a **** company to work for. I’m sure it’s not all bad but with my experience with a higher priced item has turned me right off. I’ll buy local more now. And if I do use amazon it’ll be small cheap stuff.

Chemical guys will never see another dime of my money. I was a huge advocate of them but now they can suck it.

TORQ products are garbage. My two foam cannons are garbage and the only way to get thick foam like they always show off is to use half a gallon is soap or $12 worth lol.

I’m sure a lot of people have zero issues but my experience pissed me off so much it changed where I’ll spend my money. I’m sure it means nothing to them but I spend a decent amount on car cleaning crap. Zero of it goes to any of these companies.

And I’ll make sure to tell everyone of my experience and that will probably affect them more [emoji12]

Only takes a couple hundred of you to make a difference.
I know a few people that work at Amazon and they love it. Obviously the delivery And warehouse staff must not be great but they knew that when they signed up.
You Can’t really blame amazon they would have taken it back if you were within the return period. They don’t make money on products to be able to stand behind them. They make pennies on each sale with billions of sales. I know your frustrations I’ve been there so many times but it’s focused on chemical guys and torq for not taking care of their product well within the warranty period.
I get that you’re venting. Is torq renamed in Canada like other products?

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Last edited:
OP
OP
Addicted2fishing

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
https://store.chemicalguyscanada.ca/buf-501-torq-10fx-random-orbital-polisher.html

I just read back that you contacted CG Canada I would give them another call and get someone different. If they say call torq you say you did already give it one last demanding push then bash them all you want.

Thanks for the support ! I tried with back and forward emails. Each pointing the finger at each other. Amazon originally linked CG Canada as the warrantor. They deflected blame and said they are a separate entity from CG US. That’s not clear and as far as I’m concerned is BS. They shouldn’t be called chemical guys if they are not the same company.
Ive spent a decent amount of money and have told many people to try CG products. That will come to an end immediately.

I’m loyal. It’s part of me. It’s part of my job. It’s in my DNA. I feel I’m trusting and loyal to a fault sometimes and when it bites me it stings that much more. It’s not about money really. It’s principle. When something like this happens it shows me the true colours of these companies and how they really don’t stand behind their products or what they sell.

I’m always cheering for the under dog and that will never change. My disdain for big companies just keeps reinforcing itself.

**** products behind a facade and glorified. Hopefully the pendulum swings at some point and we get genuine decent products. My wife and I joke sometimes. It seems as though everything we’ve bought in last couple years are breaking. New washer and dryer ? Crap. Toaster? Crap. Kettle? Crap. The list goes on and on. It’s not just the polisher. I’m noticing a trend.

I earn my money in a way most people couldn’t hack or last 12 seconds. At the very least can I get decent products with my money [emoji2369] lol. And if a company builds **** they should be out of business or own up. Instead of being little *******

Rant over

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I’m pretty much the same way. I stay with companies as long as they treat me right once they burn me I’m out. I don’t sell Samsung TVs anymore. Onkyo receivers burned me but then came around and made it right after a year but I lost a lot of money within that year. I own an Audio Video Security company so I sell products every day. I’ve been in the position where companies play the blame game and it’s extremely frustrating. I’ve learned getting a human on the phone gets a lot farther than e-mail communication. People are less likely to tell you your SOL over the phone. But I hear you, most big business is max profit screw the next guy mentality. It lasts for a while then consumers get wise to it. The pride in work is a dying bread. In the alarm business it used to be a skilled trade now companies just want to offer wireless sensors that stick to your doors and windows and replace them every few years. A hardwired sensor lasts 20-30 years costs less but requires skill to install.

OP
OP
Addicted2fishing

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I’m pretty much the same way. I stay with companies as long as they treat me right once they burn me I’m out. I don’t sell Samsung TVs anymore. Onkyo receivers burned me but then came around and made it right after a year but I lost a lot of money within that year. I own an Audio Video Security company so I sell products every day. I’ve been in the position where companies play the blame game and it’s extremely frustrating. I’ve learned getting a human on the phone gets a lot farther than e-mail communication. People are less likely to tell you your SOL over the phone. But I hear you, most big business is max profit screw the next guy mentality. It lasts for a while then consumers get wise to it. The pride in work is a dying bread. In the alarm business it used to be a skilled trade now companies just want to offer wireless sensors that stick to your doors and windows and replace them every few years. A hardwired sensor lasts 20-30 years costs less but requires skill to install.

Funny you say that ! I’ve seen those sticky alarm sensors everywhere !

People like you are the ones that deserve the business form people. It’s been nice looking around more local for little things too. Although my wallet won’t save local business I feel a little better. Brick and mortar stores I’m sure are having a hard time. I still can’t fathom how my local mall stays open nowadays. The overhead must be insane

Thanks again for the support and chat [emoji106][emoji106]

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I was a big chem guys fan but I can backup that there customer service is absolute ****. Having a family business that lives off customer service, this is just total crap imo and if I find your customer service is crap I go elsewhere. I have since switched to other products and even though there is still multiple chem guys products that I have yet to find a better one, I won't buy

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Addicted2fishing

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I was a big chem guys fan but I can backup that there customer service is absolute ****. Having a family business that lives off customer service, this is just total crap imo and if I find your customer service is crap I go elsewhere. I have since switched to other products and even though there is still multiple chem guys products that I have yet to find a better one, I won't buy

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I’m in the same boat.... I will use up my remaining product and move on. Interestingly I found some stuff on Costco. Cheap, HUGE quantities and good prices comparatively to what Ive been spending at CG. For the same money I can get WAY more product.

I just have to research the brands and god from there. I’m sure south of the border you guys have better options but it’s a start for me.

My next polisher will probably be the Griots. Guys over at auto geek rave about them. Or I’ll get the porter cable. It’s tested and proven in my books. I was hoping the TORQ was gonna be a good unit but proving unreliable after little projects let alone a whole vehicle which I haven’t done yet.

Also, the hex logic pads are garbage and I’ll try the lake country pads next.

Try finding info on the TORQ and there is nothing but CG videos on how to use it. No technical info that I could find. That to me is BS. As I like to DIY if I can. But with no how-to’s or videos I’m reluctant.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
For the money the porter cable is good. That's what I have and I bought a 6" velcro pad for it so I can run the more common 6" polishing pads and 6" sanding discs. For customer service and tool repair/replacement in western canada kms tools is good. That's where I buy most of my power tools and the occassional other things when on sale.

Last edited:

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I’m in the same boat.... I will use up my remaining product and move on. Interestingly I found some stuff on Costco. Cheap, HUGE quantities and good prices comparatively to what Ive been spending at CG. For the same money I can get WAY more product.

I just have to research the brands and god from there. I’m sure south of the border you guys have better options but it’s a start for me.

My next polisher will probably be the Griots. Guys over at auto geek rave about them. Or I’ll get the porter cable. It’s tested and proven in my books. I was hoping the TORQ was gonna be a good unit but proving unreliable after little projects let alone a whole vehicle which I haven’t done yet.

Also, the hex logic pads are garbage and I’ll try the lake country pads next.

Try finding info on the TORQ and there is nothing but CG videos on how to use it. No technical info that I could find. That to me is BS. As I like to DIY if I can. But with no how-to’s or videos I’m reluctant.

ChecK out post #5---could be a starter kit---LOL
https://www.autopia.org/forums/autopia-carcare-com/189401-box-deals.html
I will have to admit these are the best of the best.
Jay

OP
OP
Addicted2fishing

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
ChecK out post #5---could be a starter kit---LOL
https://www.autopia.org/forums/autopia-carcare-com/189401-box-deals.html
I will have to admit these are the best of the best.
Jay

Hey! Thanks! I’d LOVE one of those [emoji18]. I love detailing. I’m gonna polish, seal, glaze and wax my truck at some point this summer and I can’t wait to see the results. It’s already in great shape but I want that mirror finish.

I tested one area with a light polish and glaze. Didn’t even do the full steps and it turned out alright. I’m just nervous to start the whole truck with a finicky POS polisher [emoji30]

82141482a8cf9d464a1d559374da345a.jpg

Tiped on ifone using Tapatalk and auto correct. Can’t you tell?

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good to know. I was actually looking at buying some of their stuff, but will probably try JaxWax now instead.

Kinetic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I refuse to use any Chemical Guys products for many reasons, this is just one of them.

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
I debated on a torq or Porter Cable when I first started getting into detailing. I went with PC and it's been great.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Juniorss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you’re looking for something more budget friendly, I’d look at a porter cable or a GG6 from Griots garage. Griots has a lifetime warranty against defects.

Snooter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Same rule applies at Amazon as does Harbor Freight - do not buy anything that comes with a power cord.