Canadian Truck Purchase

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

amuller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Thanks for the add - I'm very seriously considering the purchase of a 2008 Laramie 2500 Crew Cab Cummins 4x4 with 114k on the odometer. Out of state purchase and I have only seen photos to this point. Been looking for a very long time both online and in person for that 'right' truck. Loaded with all the goodies....TOW package, factory diesel exhaust brake, leather and power everything. Of course the photos show a super clean truck. I requested and received a bunch of photos of the underside, rockers, wheel wells....everything that would show rust....no rust from what I can tell. Here's my question...what's the general take on trucks coming in from Canada? This Laramie has the typical fender flares that I thought was standard on Laramie edition trucks, but have since been told 'no'....in fact, I was told this is a common technique for hiding rust. I'm planning to stop in at a local (near the dealer) diesel repair / performance shop for a COMPLETE going over before I sign on that dotted line. Any comments / horror stories I should hear and consider? Dealer says the Carfax report indicates a truck in excellent condition but I have since been told there IS NO such thing as a CarFax for a Canadian vehicle. Any insight is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

2g_640.jpg

9Q_640.jpg

Zw_640.jpg

avantiguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
The biggest issue with trucks coming back from Canada is they have no FCA warranty but that shouldn't be an issue with your's as it's past the warranty period.

I had a Carfax on my 14 sport Ram That came back from Canada so they are available. Just follow through with your inspections and chose then.

You could spend $15 and get your own Carfax if you are nervous about it.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcquinn